Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: feb 27th and 28th tri-county gun show york fairgrounds

not to impressed with it this year. saw a couple of tables with some nice handmade knives. Some decent surplus stuff. I did see mosin's for $99 with bayonets and slings.

ammo was still high. cheapest 7.62x39 was $139 for 500 ( steel wolf ). did see some nice pistols but didnt look at prices on them. red dot scopes were outrageously priced. cheap ncstar crap red dots for $149.

overall i was not impressed. i was mainly looking for ammo and scopes but oh well guess i will order everything from online , lol
    No longer posting

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by FCastle88 View Post
    I was very disappointed with the show, I was looking for a few handguns but it was mostly military surplus and memorabilia, knives and AR accessories. Is there some shortage of 9mm handguns that I'm not aware of? I was looking for a german made Sig P226 or P228, but I could only find P229's in .40, out of the 600 tables only maybe 20-25 actually had modern handguns and they were mostly Glocks, XD's and Taurus. I couldn't even find a Pachmayr grip sleeve for my Glock 26.
    As for AK prices, the only ones I'm interested in are the Saiga's, and they were anywhere from $400-$900.
    You should have bought a Saiga a couple years ago. They have gone through the roof. I didn't have a chance to look for ammo until 11. I picked up 500 rds of WWB for $130. Not the best deal ever, but ammo was going fast and it was still cheaper than retail. You have to talk to vendors for a deal sometimes. If you are willing to buy in bulk, they will usually knock a few bucks off. I only buy ammo in bulk. It's a rip off if you don't.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    not to impressed with it this year. saw a couple of tables with some nice handmade knives. Some decent surplus stuff. I did see mosin's for $99 with bayonets and slings.

ammo was still high. cheapest 7.62x39 was $139 for 500 ( steel wolf ). did see some nice pistols but didnt look at prices on them. red dot scopes were outrageously priced. cheap ncstar crap red dots for $149.

overall i was not impressed. i was mainly looking for ammo and scopes but oh well guess i will order everything from online , lol

The best deals are always online, but then you have to pay the overpriced shipping costs.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(York County)

yea I went today with the intent of a new shotgun, white light for my M&P, ammo and a new holster. Alls I got was the white light from there as everything seemed to be overpriced
    Xbox Live Gamertag: My Tango Sucka

(York County)

This was my first larger gun show and I was amazed at the variety in pricing on what seemed to be the exact same gun. For example I saw a sig new at two different tables, same exact gun and one was 475 or 490 while it was over 600 at another. I am happy though, I walked away with my first gun....Springfield XD 9 Tactical.

Saw a nice Browning Buckmark that I will have to wait on..next time.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by hare12y View Post
    This was my first larger gun show and I was amazed at the variety in pricing on what seemed to be the exact same gun. For example I saw a sig new at two different tables, same exact gun and one was 475 or 490 while it was over 600 at another. I am happy though, I walked away with my first gun....Springfield XD 9 Tactical.

Saw a nice Browning Buckmark that I will have to wait on..next time.
    congrats on your first gun and nice choice.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: My Tango Sucka

(York County)

Very good day for me at the show and after. Sold my AR lower and 870P, picked up a nice old Remington autoloading .22 (s,l,lr) a bunch of ammo cans, and some camo tape. After the show I met a guy and picked up a Remington 700P in .308 with a Leupold VariXIII 3.5-10x50 (AO and target turrets), Leupold base and rings, Harris bi-pod, sling and SKB double gun case. I'd tell you what a good deal it was but I don't want to make you cry.
    9mm = 45acp set on "stun"

(Lancaster County)

Thumbs down Re: feb 27th and 28th tri-county gun show york fairgrounds

whats up with the back ground check prices being 15 to 25 bucks what a ripoff i have never seen this before

(York County)

Pretty good turn out for me. Picked up 5 AR-15 30 round mags for 7.50 each and 2 Stainless Colt 1911 mags for $9.00 each, and some other stuff. Going back tomorrow to pick up more of the Colt mags, just had to make sure they work with my Springfield first and they do. I'll probably get 5 more 30 rounders as well at that price.

Always love the beef Jerky!!!

Venison Jerky and Venison Sausage is the way to go!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post

How'd I miss seeing you there? John USCG was there too & I didn't see him either. The only PAFOAer I ran into that I knew was Fingers.

I looked @ those Mosins & thought they looked pretty beat even for that price. However, when I checked them out there were at least 6 & when I peeked into the crate again later, there were just 3 left.

I've been wanting a Henry survival .22 for awhile & found one today at a good price.
    I also got an antique dbl bbl SxS .50cal percussion rifle at the estate auction of an acquaintance that was going on in another building on the fairgrounds.
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast