Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: PA Non-Resident LTCFs to Require Application In Person????

Quote Originally Posted by Junglebob View Post
    ... Maybe if I happened to be in Pa. Do I have to be in Centre County as well?
    PA's renewal process is the same as getting a new LTCF, so any county should be OK for you to renew in... if you so desire.

(Allegheny County)

great another digital photo.

Dont know if people know this.. JNET when you run a drivers license it will show you all the photos going back to when penndot switched to the complete white licenses. 96-98etc.

Frank

I have a feeling that Sheriffs' Offices will now restrict appointment times to let permits expire. You have a new Governor now, LEO's don't need to go through the permit system, neither do retired LEO's. Thus, you will now see the demise of the permit system, resident or nonresident in PA. It looks like PA is going the way of NY City. Good luck to you all. It seems like the Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association who did not have the funds to protect the rights of non residents is going to have all their members screwed. You had better take a stand soon or your rights will all be lost forever.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    I have a feeling that Sheriffs' Offices will now restrict appointment times to let permits expire. You have a new Governor now, LEO's don't need to go through the permit system, neither do retired LEO's. Thus, you will now see the demise of the permit system, resident or nonresident in PA. It looks like PA is going the way of NY City. Good luck to you all. It seems like the Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association who did not have the funds to protect the rights of non residents is going to have all their members screwed. You had better take a stand soon or your rights will all be lost forever.
    I would ask that you clarify, in great detail, just what the fuck you are on about.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by headcase
    I would ask that you clarify, in great detail, just what the fuck you are on about.
    Gee, isn't it perfectly clear???? LOL!

(Luzerne County)

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Your state first started by not issuing LTC to non residents except for some places such as Centre County. Philadelphia is attempting to form its own restrictions saying they are more restrictive than other counties which is also against the UFA. One by one counties are further passing firearms storage and reporting requirements against the UFA (see the nra-ila website). Law enforcement retired and active do not need permits as the federal act protects them. You have a lousy liberal governor who hates guns. Don't you see the writing on the wall. I will not use profanity since it is man's inability to express himeself. Good luck, as I hope I am wrong but I see PA headed down the big LIBERAL road diminishing gun rights one step at a time. Do a Google search and see that Philly is receiving a list from FL a list of gun permit holders.

(Bucks County)

Your state first started by...
    Thanks for your concern, but we're pretty well informed, and on top of things, here.

Smile Re: PA Non-Resident LTCFs to Require Application In Person????

Junglebob, I could not agree with you more. I too have an out of State LTCF that was issued from Center County and the staff I spoke with were amongst THE most professional and friendly people that I had the pleasure of dealing with.
    Siguser

(Jefferson County)

Your state first started by not issuing LTC to non residents except for some places such as Centre County. Philadelphia is attempting to form its own restrictions saying they are more restrictive than other counties which is also against the UFA. One by one counties are further passing firearms storage and reporting requirements against the UFA (see the nra-ila website). Law enforcement retired and active do not need permits as the federal act protects them. You have a lousy liberal governor who hates guns. Don't you see the writing on the wall. I will not use profanity since it is man's inability to express himeself. Good luck, as I hope I am wrong but I see PA headed down the big LIBERAL road diminishing gun rights one step at a time. Do a Google search and see that Philly is receiving a list from FL a list of gun permit holders.
    The Sheriffs, and the Chief of Police of Philly, who do not issue to nonresidents are in direct violation of 6109. Issuance of a LTCF to nonresidents is still bound by the same "shall issue" requirement stated in 6109. Under PA law there are no "nonresident licenses", there are only "licenses" - which shall be issued to those 21yo who meet certain criteria, with nonresidents needing a license/permit from their home state first. The reason this keeps going on is that no-one has challenged those issuing agents(sheriffs and Philthy PD) in court for not issuing. Its not an entire state problem, only a county-by-county problem that needs to be rectified.

Only a couple patches of PA are liberal infested cesspools. The rest of PA is as conservative as one can get. In the last 12 or 14 years not one/1/uno/single anti-gun bill made by our General Assembly that actually diminished any carry rights has gone into effect. Not one.. All the gun related laws made since have been to loosen carry restrictions. ...so, I ask you - how do you base your argument? You cant bring to evidence any Philly or other local made regulation because they have no authority.

There is no doubt that our Governor is a fucktard to the 32nd degree, and none of us deny that. But there are several worse Governors out there, and ours goes to the unemployment line within a year.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast