Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CMP M1 Carbine

(Allegheny County)

Default CMP M1 Carbine

Here's my new Inland fresh from the CMP. I changed the stock to an original Inland and added the sling, but everything else is as they shipped it. Even came with an IO-marked hand guard.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by thebearpack; February 9th, 2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: New Picture

Default Re: CMP M1 Carbine

Nice, Is that your first M1 Carbine?

(Allegheny County)

Thanks! It's my first... figured I'd give my shoulder a rest with the smaller caliber. Really nice to shoot.

(Allegheny County)

wow thats really nice, im thinking about getting a m1 carbine through the CMP,..what grade did you choose and how long was delivery? and was it pricey? thanks!
    Dont Forget To Give Me Some Good Rep! Thanks!

(Allegheny County)

Wink Re: CMP M1 Carbine

It took 4 weeks exactly which is actually PDQ for them, but the price was only $445 delivered to my door for their "rack grade" (it's all they have now). That didn't include the mag (Midway or CTD or Cabela's), the sling (Ebay) or the new stock (Gunboards). But that stuff is all cosmetic anyway... well, not the mag but you know what I mean.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    It took 4 weeks exactly which is actually PDQ for them, but the price was only $445 delivered to my door for their "rack grade" (it's all they have now). That didn't include the mag (Midway or CTD or Cabela's), the sling (Ebay) or the new stock (Gunboards). But that stuff is all cosmetic anyway... well, not the mag but you know what I mean.
    so was there any rust or pitting on the metal? and how did the stock look when you got it? id be kinda disappointed if i got one that was all rusted and cracked up..and are they mostly from ww2?

(Allegheny County)

My stock actually was a WWII maker (P-J) but I'd imagine that's not the rule. Still, it had no cracks & nice grain pattern and would've cleaned up really nice if I had chosen to refinish it, but I'm a lazy man.

No rust at all and the metal finish is pretty even. I cleaned and lubed it an took it to the range and it ran like a champ. I've been trying to figure out how to attach a bigger picture so you can see the finish better but it's been an uphill battle, even after reading the stickies!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    My stock actually was a WWII maker (P-J) but I'd imagine that's not the rule. Still, it had no cracks & nice grain pattern and would've cleaned up really nice if I had chosen to refinish it, but I'm a lazy man.

No rust at all and the metal finish is pretty even. I cleaned and lubed it an took it to the range and it ran like a champ. I've been trying to figure out how to attach a bigger picture so you can see the finish better but it's been an uphill battle, even after reading the stickies!
    now do you have to have them ship to a FFL? because on all the sites im reading that you seem to not need that or a C&R?

(Allegheny County)

Woohoo! I actually figured out the picture thing. I feel slightly less stupid now.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BandanaBandit1 View Post
    now do you have to have them ship to a FFL? because on all the sites im reading that you seem to not need that or a C&R?

You don't need a 03 C&R or 01 FFL at all. The CMP has certain requirements listed on their site and one of them is proof of a "firearms related activity". This could be a certificate from a training class for example, but they will accept a C&R for that if you have one. Basically you follow their checklist supplying copies of all the info they require and they ship it right to you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast