Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: I can haz mosin?

nice mosin.....i am partial to the m44 and the m38 tho. shorter barrel= more muzzle flash

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowcat187 View Post
    nice mosin.....i am partial to the m44 and the m38 tho. shorter barrel= more muzzle flash
    I hear you on the carbine models, as I like them better also. I just found a real nice M38 on gunbroker, my first carbine model. Bought it and awaiting for it to arrive. I'll post picks when I get it cleaned up.

So this weekend I finally got my "new" mosin to the range....AND.......I couldn't shoot it... The bolt absolutely would not close on a round. You could get it about 3/4 closed, and that was it. I brought it to the gunsmith, and it looks like an extractor issue. Now I get to wait a week and dump some cash to get the extractor fixed. Funny thing is, I never removed the extractor and checked headspace BECAUSE I was worried the extractor could be damaged if I removed it. On the bright side, somebody else at the range showed up with an Armalite 50 cal. and I got to watch him shoot it. (They make a substantially larger "BOOM" than the .22 I was shooting)....

(York County)

Man that sucks. I'm picking up my "new"mosin tonite from a friend. 120 bucks get me the M91/30 plus 100rds. Cannot beat that with a stick.
    3%

(York County)

Good find Brown-Bear. The rounds are worth about $50 depending on type. I would imagine that the cosmo is already removed too. Now all you need is some more good weather.

(York County)

I have a buddy offering me a mosin for $80 because he just doesn't want it anymore...someone stop me before I spend more money...but for $80!!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew17019 View Post
    I have a buddy offering me a mosin for $80 because he just doesn't want it anymore...someone stop me before I spend more money...but for $80!!
    Do it. You know you want to. I'm not much for saving money.

(Lancaster County)

I have been trying to figure out for the last few minutes when the Mosin stopped looking butt ugly to me.

I know when first I saw a Mosin I thought 'damn that's one ugly rifle', now it's a thing of beauty & I want to buy one of every type!

How did I catch this fever?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by OvadekP View Post
    I have been trying to figure out for the last few minutes when the Mosin stopped looking butt ugly to me.

I know when first I saw a Mosin I thought 'damn that's one ugly rifle', now it's a thing of beauty & I want to buy one of every type!

How did I catch this fever?
    I was thinking the same thing, as I was cleaning one up, and thinking whether or not I liked the dark red finish, or if I wanted to strip the stock down and refinish in something lighter (still undecided).

Since the weather was soooo very nice over the past weekend, I did manage to take my father out to the range to run a few rounds through his, which I had just finished prepping. Everything worked great, and I was able to group 5 shots within about 3 inches at 50 yards (hey, maybe that's not great for some of you, but for me, with open sights, I was happy). The old russian ammo that we had was very stinky, but somehow the smell 'grows' on you, kinda like that smell you remember when visiting an old relative....

-Darryl

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567