Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Kokoro Combatives - Has anyone ever heard of these guys?

My google-fu is weak and cannot find any honest assessment of these guys.

Trying to stick to my 2010 resolution to training over gear, I've come across this class.
    The choices of training courses are few and far between around here and I'm interested, particularly due to it's proximity to me.

Kokoro Combatives is offering Combat Pistol 1.
    http://www.kokorocombatives.com/courses ... bat-pistol

I've never heard of them and was wondering if anybody has any personal experience.

Good news is the class isn't expensive for a 2 day course ($250) and the round count is low at 400 rounds, I believe.

I just want to make sure this isn't some "fly-by-night" martial arts training outfit that now wants to capitalize on firearms training.

Any thoughts?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Kokoro Combatives - Has anyone ever heard of these guys?

I do not know anything about them directly, but here are some classic signs that the instructor is probably not what he would like you to believe.

This information is from their website:

"The martial arts that he studied included, Aikido (2nd degree black belt), Hok Lung Black Dragon Gung Fu ( 5th degree black belt), Judo, Kali, Chin Na, Wing Chun, Siriat Combat Blade (4th Phase Instrutor) and Iaido."

A classic sign of a fraudulent martial arts instructor is multiple black belts and background in lots of different martial arts.

"Shortly after the Gulf War, Conde was recruited by a British Private Military Contractor (PMC) working with the U.S. Department of Defense. "

The way this is worded, you might think the founder served in the Gulf War, but it doesn't actually say that, does it? He does not actually claim military service, but implies it instead.

Do PMC's recruit? Maybe if you are SF? I don't actually know.

"He entered a specialized program, training with British Special Air Service (SAS), U.S. Navy SEALs and U.S. Army Green Berets. "

This is another classic "tell" for fraudulent martial arts instructors, training with or providing training to all the high speed, low drag guys.

And finally:

For security reasons certifications, awards and commendations are unpublished. A complete list is available at Linked In.

I am not saying he is a fraud, nor am I saying anything about the training. I am saying the information on the website fits a well known profile in the martial arts world, so proceed with caution.

http://www.tridentconcepts.com/courses.aspx?course=CP1

check it out.
    1500rds
    2 days.

I took it last year and will be taking it again this year. fun and informative. there were 18 students, everyone but me and my buddy were LEO or military.

http://hsiusana.com/

in NJ bout 30min south of philly
    email or call ask for kenny, he's the owner. prices are very good. 1day class 400rds, 3 students in my class. even did force on force with powder gun.
    Kenny can taylor the class to what you're looking for.

(Bucks County)

This outfit is also being discussed on Zombie Squad and Professional Soldiers.
    Looks like this guy's more hardcore than the rest of us could ever dream of being.
    That's OK, though. If he gets out-of-hand, we have the Wolfpack to protect us!

(Bucks County)

I did some more googling, and the guys at professionalsoldiers.com seem to find Kokoro and its founder highly suspect...
    http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...d.php?p=313916

edit: I see Arcana71 beat me to it!

(Allegheny County)

Check out SuarezInternational.com, They offer great courses and are all over. Allot of courses for $300 too.

I personally know Ralph Conde. We were operators on the same SWAT team. I cant tell you of his past, but what I can say id that he is a bad MF. He handles business. The man knows what he is doing!!! I know own my own tactical company and if I was ever privileged to have an instructor like Ralph Id take it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DRiviera View Post
    I personally know Ralph Conde. We were operators on the same SWAT team. I cant tell you of his past, but what I can say id that he is a bad MF. He handles business. The man knows what he is doing!!! I know own my own tactical company and if I was ever privileged to have an instructor like Ralph Id take it.
    your first post is on a 3+ year old thread where the link in the Op doesnt even work anymore.

Welcome