Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Question OC'ing w/Current Pittsburgh State of Emergency

I noticed that the Mayor Luke Ravenshtall declared a state of emergency in Pittsburgh a few days ago because of the snow.

Does that mean OC'ing is not currently allowed like during the G-20 summit?

I though there was some local law that makes the open carrying of weapons illegal during any state of emergency.

Also saw three National Guard HUMVEE's patrolling the South Side this morning.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Default Re: OC'ing w/Current Pittsburgh State of Emergency

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I noticed that the Mayor Luke Ravenshtall declared a state of emergency in Pittsburgh a few days ago because of the snow.

Does that mean OC'ing is not currently allowed like during the G-20 summit?

I though there was some local law that makes the open carrying of weapons illegal during any state of emergency.

It's not local law, you need a LTCF to carry in a state of emergency.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    It's not local law, you need a LTCF to carry in a state of emergency.
    Thanks.
    What I meant by "local" was, lets say if just the city of Pittsburgh was declared SOE, than outside the city limits would be okay for OC with no LTCF right? Afterall, he's the mayor, not the governor.

Im not sure if the entire state of PA has been declared a SOE or not.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Thanks.
    What I meant by "local" was, lets say if just the city of Pittsburgh was declared SOE, than outside the city limits would be okay for OC with no LTCF right? Afterall, he's the mayor, not the governor.

Yes, Fast Eddie declared and signed an executive order declaring a state of emergency for the entire state.

CL

Thanks.

Rendell declared it, I think Ravenstahl was just relaying it. It's considered statewide though. The real reason was cited as to allow funds to local and smaller municipalities as a storm like some had received would clear out those areas stores of salt and gasoline for their plow trucks. It also opened up the national guard for assistance.

Here's a link from the pa.gov site noting it's statewide etc:

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...nsylvania.html

IMO - it's better to react quickly in this situation than a slower response, I know around here we have national guard going through areas without power and getting people to warming stations etc.

(Fayette County)

Rendell declared it, I think Ravenstahl was just relaying it. It's considered statewide though.

The real reason was cited as to allow funds to local and smaller municipalities as a storm like some had received would clear out those areas stores of salt and gasoline for their plow trucks.

It also opened up the national guard for assistance.

Here's a link from the pa.gov site noting it's statewide etc:

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...nsylvania.html
    Oh okay. I dont watch too much local news so thanks again.

I also just spoke with the Pittsburgh Parking Authority and even though they were completely rude and ignorant on the phone, I found out that the meter maids arent out either.

Oh okay. I dont watch too much local news so thanks again.

I also just spoke with the Pittsburgh Parking Authority and even though they were completely rude and ignorant on the phone, I found out that the meter maids arent out either.
    Everything is dodgy at the moment. I haven't gotten mail since last week...and wasnt expecting the garbage trucks but I woke up to them trying (key word) to make it up our street.

(Allegheny County)

They were not patroling, the National Guard was called out to assist medics, PD etc in the event that then cannot gain access due to the condition of the roads. They are there for assistance only.

Used in the context that you used this, it would give the impression they are patrolling in a LE manner due to the state of emergency. Acting in some sort of Martial Law which is not the case.

(Fayette County)

Everything is dodgy at the moment. I haven't gotten mail since last week...and wasnt expecting the garbage trucks but I woke up to them trying (key word) to make it up our street.
    Yeah, I cant imagine how rough its going to be for the trash men in the coming weeks.
    Probably lots of overtime.

I live on a street off of E. Carson and our trash hasn't been picked up. But its not a problem yet.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by FFEMT128 View Post
    They were not patroling, the National Guard was called out to assist medics, PD etc in the event that then cannot gain access due to the condition of the roads. They are there for assistance only.

Used in the context that you used this, it would give the impression they are patrolling in a LE manner due to the state of emergency. Acting in some sort of Martial Law which is not the case.
    Well, I didn't see any emergency vehicles tagging along with them,. so I just figured they were on call and driving around .
    Thats what I meant by "patrolling".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast