Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Do you think this event helped advance gun rights in a positive manner?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 36.76%
  • No

86 63.24%
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Default Re: Gun Carriers Walk into Ponderosa Steakhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    Where was the rifle placed at while its owner was busy eating? Was it loaded? What reason is there to carry a rifle into a Ponderosa? Im all for rights. But doing something just because you can is no reason to do anything. Personally I could care less if people OC....but the vast majority of people who post here about it seem to do it just for the shock value. Just to see other peoples reactions. IMO this is wrong and shows something lacking from that persons mentality. Do you really need attention that badly? I CC everywhere I go and go thru a reasonable amount of effort to make sure it stays that way.

I will liken it to owning a large constrictor. Yes I can go out with a 8 foot python around my neck. It is my right to do so. Other people have the right to walk down the street and NOT be subjected to an 8 foot long snake at eye level. If I carry that snake around just because I enjoy the look of discomfort on peoples faces. Or just to know IM stirring up conversations, then I am violating someone elses right not to see that.

Some people dont want to see an assault rifle at dinner. A dinner they are paying for as well. You are stepping on that persons rights, to express yours just because you want to. That is not what I want my country to become. Just like I wouldnt want to see two guys making out when Im trying to eat.

legal or not, what in your mind would posses you to take a rifle into a chain restaraunt? Flame away, but I think alot of the people who OC shouldnt. And when I see half a wanna be thug, or fake paramilitary wanna bes, knowing I could disarm them with little to no effort because they have no real training all I can think is you are hurting the cause of gun ownership in this country.
    +1 despite all the grief you'll get, this was dead on.

(Delaware County)

I can understand open carry a Hand Gun. But bringing a Assault Rifle to a Steakhouse. Dude leave the rifle home. This only hurts us people who enjoy are rights to bear arms. To have someone to show up with a rifle will put more flames on the table for the Govt. to ban.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i don't think it hurt or helped either way. no one broke the law, no one was arrested, and no one was shot. the rifle may have been a bit much, but that's just my personal feeling. just as some people would never openly carry a handgun, i doubt i'll ever tote a rifle to the corner store, unless there's some sort of civil unrest going on.
    +1 to you sir for "the rifle may have been a bit much, but that's just my personal feeling." i feel the same way. i love what these guys are doing, and think the OC of their handguns was great. But the rifle was a bit much and could be taken the wrong way.

(Allegheny County)

Ocing a rifle to ponderosa, not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by zoey View Post
    I can understand open carry a Hand Gun. But bringing a Assault Rifle to a Steakhouse. Dude leave the rifle home. This only hurts us people who enjoy are rights to bear arms. To have someone to show up with a rifle will put more flames on the table for the Govt. to ban.
    agreed. prepare for the inelegant response of "but it's ARE rites they are messin with! blablah can't live in fear blah blah i can bring an AK47 to Ihop if i wanna cuz we wuz already invited."

It seems to me that at least 50% of OC guys do it for shock value. Is there really a tactical advantage to OC? Is there really a political value in OC? Responsible CC is the easiest way to disarm the critics. I wish there was more pragmatism from both the far right, and the far left, when it comes to gun ownership, gun safety, and gun rights. My feelings are that sportsmen need to have the balls to hold each other accountable for using their weapons responsibly, and following safety rules. The more we do that, the more we strip away any rational argument for restricting our rights (i may not agree with them, but there are rational arguments).

To the genius that did this (not that he's a poster here): For chrissake, leave your AK47 at home, or locked in the trunk, next time you go to Ponderosa. Were you going to leave it at the table unattended when you went to the salad bar? Were you going to take it to the salad bar with you? are you serious? i mean what rational argument can you possibly have, besides "because i can"?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    Do you think this event helped advance gun rights?

That's when an assistant manager decided to call police. The open carriers say about 10 officers arrived on the scene and began harrassing them.
    A possible case of another over zealous employee going against company policy? While it didn't state that the owner was onsite he did give permission for the gather.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGunGuy View Post
    agreed. prepare for the inelegant response of "but it's ARE rites they are messin with! blablah can't live in fear blah blah i can bring an AK47 to Ihop if i wanna cuz we wuz already invited."

It seems to me that at least 50% of OC guys do it for shock value. Is there really a tactical advantage to OC? Is there really a political value in OC? Responsible CC is the easiest way to disarm the critics. I wish there was more pragmatism from both the far right, and the far left, when it comes to gun ownership, gun safety, and gun rights. My feelings are that sportsmen need to have the balls to hold each other accountable for using their weapons responsibly, and following safety rules. The more we do that, the more we strip away any rational argument for restricting our rights (i may not agree with them, but there are rational arguments).

To the genius that did this (not that he's a poster here): For chrissake, leave your AK47 at home, or locked in the trunk, next time you go to Ponderosa. Were you going to leave it at the table unattended when you went to the salad bar? Were you going to take it to the salad bar with you? are you serious? i mean what rational argument can you possibly have, besides "because i can"?
    wow! i'm impressed! it only took until post #15 for someone to say people who OC are only looking for attention and are irresponsible, CC has the tactical advantage, blahblahblah.....what a bunch of shit. congratulations, you win the "Lamest Post of this Thread" award.

Unhappy Re: Gun Carriers Walk into Ponderosa Steakhouse

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    wow! i'm impressed! it only took until post #15 for someone to say people who OC are only looking for attention and are irresponsible, CC has the tactical advantage, blahblahblah.....what a bunch of shit. congratulations, you win the "Lamest Post of this Thread" award.
    i'm rather pleased with myself, in that i accurately predicted you would not have a substantive response and would resort to sandbox-level rhetoric. nice. seriously. well done.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGunGuy View Post

girls_in_the_IDF.jpg
    Yeah that's some scary shit right there.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lawrence County)

Just let me say that I have never O/C'd and may never start but I fully support those that do. The quote at the end from the leo makes me think it was positive:

But LPD say no one was arrested and notes they're now working cooperatively with Open Carry to ensure this doesn't happen again.

"I think the taxpayers of Lansing want us to respond to gun calls. But at the same time, we need to be aware of individual rights."
    Sounds pretty positive to me, they are going to work with Open Carry to make sure no one gets harassed again and realize they need to be aware of individual rights.

What I find funny is that besides one wannabe cop it's always the new guys that try to stir the pot (Edg-1 month-43 posts, BlueGunGuy-2 months-20 posts). Seems like we're being infiltrated by trolls quite often these days and I don't like it.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast