Hi all,

I have a questions regarding my scope crosshairs but first a little background.
Growing up I was always a shotgunner but in the past two years or so I have gotten into rifles. I first got a 22lr with iron sights to handle the basics and then moved onto a scoped 22lr. With that rifle I mounted the scope and using a bore sighter was able to see the crosshairs move to the sighting spot. It zeroed in no problems at the range.

I have recently moved up to a centerfire rifle that has a mounted scope but when I put in my boresighter I see no movement by my crosshairs no matter how many clicks I move. It's a brand new Barska scope and while not a leupold or better optic it was about a hundred bucks and was brand new.

I was informed by the store that a newer scope won't show movement of the crosshairs as my rimfire scope did and rather I will just have to sight it in starting at 25 yards and move out. They told me that the lack of movement of the crosshairs is to keep the scope centered in the tube.

Is this correct or is the scope broken. I have not taken it out to sight in and would like to save the ammo if what they are saying is wrong.

Thank you guys for any answers you may have.