Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: How fast do you get you LTCC in Montgomery county?

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    Wow, I missed this before and it needs to be addressed; one of the things you fail to comprehend is that local elected officials act under expressed authority; they can't claim authority to enact law or policy unless expressed through a statute to do so.
    Not accurate. Borroughs can only pass laws that the state says they can. Municipalities can pass any law they wish unless prohibited by the state.

Hence look at the preemption statue, Counties, municipalities and townships are prohibited from passing gun laws. Borroughs are not listed since they require a state statue to allow them to pass firearm laws.

If munincipalities could only pass laws authorized by the state, there would be no need for preemption.
    Hafa Adai! IANAL I merely state my opinion. If I am wrong, please correct me.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by BenP View Post
    Not accurate. Borroughs can only pass laws that the state says they can. Municipalities can pass any law they wish unless prohibited by the state.

Hence look at the preemption statue, Counties, municipalities and townships are prohibited from passing gun laws. Borroughs are not listed since they require a state statue to allow them to pass firearm laws.

If munincipalities could only pass laws authorized by the state, there would be no need for preemption.
    Perhaps I should have been a bit more specific, I was referring simply to the office of the Sheriff.

(Montgomery County)

Picked mine up this week. Took 30 minutes from the time I parked my car on the street in front of the courthouse until I returned to it.

Biggest delay was waiting for Montgomery Twp Police to return the background check, since they never called me when it was ready to pickup.

(Montgomery County)

I got mine a few years back when i still lived in KoP. My local check was done the next day. (yes I know its illegal, but that has been discussed to death) A few days later before work i stopped at the Courthouse early and was back at my car in less than 30 minutes.
    Better than Chester... My GF had to wait over 3 weeks

(Montgomery County)

I dropped the police form off at the local PD on Friday and got a call the following Tuesday that it was ready to pick up. I went to the courthouse the next Friday and had the license in about an hour or so. Hint... Fridays are the busiest days, there were at least 6 people ahead of me when I got there. If you do go on a Friday make sure you feed the meter enough!

(Montgomery County)

Just got mine about a month ago. Dropped the PD Check Card off at the Norristown Police Dept. on a Friday afternoon and picked it up the following Wednesday. The desk person had to search through a pretty big stack to find mine so that may be why it took 2-3 business days get the card approved. Went right over to the Sheriff's office and it took about 15 or 20 minutes to do the NICS, pay the fee, and get my picture taken.

(Montgomery County)

I waited 8 days for my police card out of new Hanover twp. Until i called then it was ready the next day. So the following day i went to the courts house and was thebonly person in there so it only took 15 mins then i was out. The stupid police card is not required by the state but Montgomery county makes you have it. So u can argue all you want about it. But in the end the are not giving it to you unless the police card is filled out
    If guns kill people. Then Spoons make people fat!

Question Re: How fast do you get you LTCC in Montgomery county?

Did everyone here put down your SS# on both the application and the police check form? The application says it's optional but what about the police check form?

(Montgomery County)

I believe i only put it on the app cause they need you're SS to run a back ground check
    If guns kill people. Then Spoons make people fat!

(Montgomery County)

Unless you have a very common name, it probably isnt needed.
    Still, I'd try just putting down the last 4 digits. That is plenty to clear up any confusion.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567