Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Question How fast do you get you LTCC in Montgomery county?

I heard from different people that bucks takes a week or 2 to get it and other places take a day. I was wondering if anyone has every gone to the norristown courthouse and got one and how long did it take to process?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: How fast do you get you LTCC in Montgomery county?

First you have to go to your local PD and have them fill out a check card. This is an illegal hoop the Montco sheriff makes you go through.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...ry-county.html

Your local PD should have the check cards, if not, you have to go to the Sheriff to get it. Or download it here. http://www2.montcopa.org/sheriff/cwp...45054cd58d.pdf

The check card is the part that takes the longest. Some PD's will do this quick, some won't. Some mail the card to the Sheriff, others will give it to you.

Once you have your completed card, or called the Shriff to confirm they received it, just take a trip down to norristown. If they're not busy (and you pass the background check, you'll have your LTCF is 10 minutes.

Instructions from the Sheriffs site.
    http://sheriff.montcopa.org/sheriff/...,3,Q,15450.asp

Here is the Application if you want to fill it out beforehand.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/591...ation-pdf.html
    The right to bear arms isn't for hunting bear. Subliminal Messages

What an outrage. The sheriff here decides he can add extra steps to a process, thus effectively breaking the law of PA and violating PA gun owners' rights? Their website also states in more than one place that this is an application for a "PA License to Carry Concealed Firearms." ??? Is their sheriff's dept. that stupid and ignorant of the law that they don't realize that it is a LTCF, not a LTCCF, and that PA is an open-carry state? This tempts me to open carry into the courthouse until they ask me to lock up. Ugh. I've already called and left a voicemail... next step, a letter and a call to my congressmen, followed by a potential petition.

Hi
    I am anticipating on moving to Erie County or surrounding area. I should be there around August or September. I am now getting concerned after reading some real horror stories about getting an LTCF. I have an out of State PA license and will get that changed to resident status. Is PA still a good State to get LTCF licenses, or do I have a concern?
    I will be moving from Nevada and hope my concerns are unfounded.
    Thank you
    Siguser

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siguser View Post
    Hi
    I am anticipating on moving to Erie County or surrounding area. I should be there around August or September. I am now getting concerned after reading some real horror stories about getting an LTCF. I have an out of State PA license and will get that changed to resident status. Is PA still a good State to get LTCF licenses, or do I have a concern?
    No, you have no need to be concerned. PA is one of the most gun friendly states. Getting an LTCF is rather easy here. Yes there are some "horros" stories. But remember, people usually don't go online to shout how easy or good something was.

If you already have a PA out of state LTCF, I would think it'll be a breeze for you. However I don't know the process. Search around the forums, I'm sure it's been covered somewhere. Or post ..... nevermind, you already did post in the CC forum which is where I was going to direct you. Good luck.

(Montgomery County)

I went to the local police, got my card filled out in one week, went to the court house in Norristown and was on my way home with my LTCF in less than 15 minutes. It took me longer to find a parking spot then to get my LTCF.
    1 step at a time will get you through a hard journey!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlgpa View Post
    No, you have no need to be concerned. PA is one of the most gun friendly states. Getting an LTCF is rather easy here. Yes there are some "horros" stories. But remember, people usually don't go online to shout how easy or good something was.

If you already have a PA out of state LTCF, I would think it'll be a breeze for you. However I don't know the process. Search around the forums, I'm sure it's been covered somewhere. Or post ..... nevermind, you already did post in the CC forum which is where I was going to direct you. Good luck.
    Don't know if I would agree with that statement. I have met more anti gun folk here than pro gun folk. I come from new hampshire. Now that is a gun friendly state. Of course it could be that i just live to close to the damn ciy of philadelphia. I dunno.
    Last edited by ira82; February 9th, 2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: errors

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ira82 View Post
    Don't know if I would agree with that statement. I have met more anti gun folk here than pro gun folk.
    Doesn't matter what the "folk" think. It's what the law says.

Of course it could be that i just live to close to the damn ciy of philadelphia. I dunno.
    That surely doesn't help.

(Montgomery County)

My local PD (Lower Providence) accounted for 99% of my wait time.
    It took a week for LPPD to sign off on my check card and then maybe 10-15 minutes at the courthouse in Norristown.

Smile Re: How fast do you get you LTCC in Montgomery county?

Thank you all for the help. Kind of puts my mind more at ease
    Siguser

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast