Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Angry Re: How fast do you get you LTCC in Montgomery county?

I submitted my check card Mon and called today which is Fri to see if it was ready and they said no it takes 2 weeks. I am really disappointed because everyone is saying a week or less and of course Abington police would take 2 weeks. I just do not understand what could take so long if all they are doing is a background check then the Sheriff signs off on it. I went and bought a gun the next day took 5 mins for a background check and he said it was clean as a whistle.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: How fast do you get you LTCC in Montgomery county?

The "police check" that MontCo (and some others) insists on is not the background check. That's PICS. PICS only takes a few minutes. The "police check" is an unnecessary (though perhaps not unlawful) extra hurdle.

(Chester County)

Thumbs down Re: How fast do you get you LTCC in Montgomery county?

Quote Originally Posted by monco123 View Post
    My local PD (Lower Providence) accounted for 99% of my wait time.
    It took a week for LPPD to sign off on my check card and then maybe 10-15 minutes at the courthouse in Norristown.

I think I may have you beat on this one, not that it is a contest in Montgomery County.

3 weeks for the Captain of Montgomery Township Police Dept. to sit on this document and say no for his own weird version of gun control while every hood from Philly comes up 309 to rob the mall.

4 minutes in Norristown and they could not have been kinder and helpful.

I can't wait to move to Chester County!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by skb40466 View Post
    I think I may have you beat on this one, not that it is a contest in Montgomery County.

3 weeks for the Captain of Montgomery Township Police Dept. to sit on this document and say no for his own weird version of gun control while every hood from Philly comes up 309 to rob the mall.

4 minutes in Norristown and they could not have been kinder and helpful.

I can't wait to move to Chester County!
    You were able to get around your CLEO not signing?

(Delaware County)

I live in Lansdale and the process took about two and a half weeks - I spent ten minutes filling out the paperwork, and Lansdale PD sent the application to Norristown, which processed it. I stopped in for ten minutes and they told me the app was pending,* but I got a phone call a week later and it took me a second trip and about another ten minutes for them to take my picture, print the license, then reprint it because the deputy wasn't paying attention to the address he was typing the first time.

All told, about 2.5 weeks from beginning the process to walking out of the courthouse with my license, and about 40 minutes total of me actually doing anything for the process itself.

*Pending status of the LTCF: A while ago my father dropped dead of a heart attack, and his side of the family robbed his apartment blind before letting my mother and I know what happened. We know for a fact that he owned firearms, and I was looking forward to them going to next of kin (my mother, who would give them to me since she doesn't like guns anyway), but since they went missing and I share the same first and last name of the bastard, the state held me up a week to investigate. They probably just had to check the birthdates.

(Montgomery County)

Smile Re: How fast do you get you LTCC in Montgomery county?

I Finally got mine and what a hassle it was. 1st i had to go to the local PD get a check card which took a week. Then they denied me b.c some other guy with my same name got a DUI out of Washington which i never been. So i had to go in see the detective then got it 3 days later. Went to Norristown and the sheriff recently died so the office was closed w/o them posting anything on their website. So i made an hr pointless trip and had to come back the next day. They where non to friendly and didn't seem to care about who got them and so forth. Overall a nightmare coming from Abington :-/ But i have my license now so i am happy

(Montgomery County)

Hey, I have a related question.

I need to renew my montomgery county permit after five years. I want to make sure this isn't a hassle. Do I just need to go back to Norristown court house with my permit and two references (see below)? Plus the $25 of course?

Or is there anything more I should know? Thanks in advance.

If renewing, applicant must remember to supply names, addresses and telephone numbers of two (2) references (not immediate family.)

http://sheriff.montcopa.org/sheriff/...,3,Q,15450.asp

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlgpa View Post
    But remember, people usually don't go online to shout how easy or good something was.
    I would

I got my Permit from the Bucks County Sheriff in Doylestown. Can't call that experience anything but pleasant. Very nice people. It took them maybe bit more than an hour to take care of the backgroung checks etc, while I was having my coffeee at the nearby Starbucks until they called me.

(Philadelphia County)

When I was applying for my LTC, I was told that the Police Check Card would take up to a weeks. After a week, I was told up to two weeks. I kept on calling about it and eventually got it back. They say that they will call you when it's done but never did.

(Montgomery County)

Upper Dublin Township was not only helpful, they were quick about it. They have the Check Cards and a nifty little information packet at the desk, they were friendly about it and if I hadn't goofed on the info, woulda had it back the same day. Went in on a Friday morning, 10:30 or so, and filled it out. About noon I have a voice mail from the receptionist that they had a question regarding my "time at current address" and asked me to call back. I did, straightened out the goof, and by 2:00 she called again saying I could pick it up. Had to wait til the following Monday, though, as I was on my way to work. So in reality, IF I would've had time (my fault, kinda) I could have my LTCF in one day.
    "bukakee ≠ waterboarding" ~tlgpa

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast