Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Horrible experience at Target World

Last week I was visiting my best friend near Doylestown and the both of us being gun enthusiasts, we decided to head over to do some target practice at Target World which is the nearest range.

This was my first time there but my friend had been there plenty of times before. So he struck up some small talk with the guy behind the counter, Chris, who seemed professional enough as he gave us the paperwork to fill out and explained the rules, before we went in to share a lane together.

As far as the rules, they do not allow rapid fire or drawing from the holster, so pretty much no practicing defensive shooting. But none the less those were their rules and we followed them without making a fuss.

Now up to this point the range seemed decent enough.. nothing to complain about except for the restrictive rules which really wasn't too big a deal. So we finished up and came out to pay for the range time.

Before paying, my friend wanted to get a 9mm brush so he picked one up and placed it on the counter. The employee at the counter, Chris, said it would be easier to just put everything on one bill but I had cash and my friend had his debit card. So we asked if he could charge half the bill to the card and take the rest in cash. Chris said that was no problem and rang us up.

Now here's where things go down hill. Chris looks down at the 9mm brush on the counter and asks my friend if he wants to pay cash for that. We both figured he already charged us for that so here is the rest of the conversation:

Friend: "I thought that was already included."

Chris: (Glaring at us) "Are you fucking with me?"

At this point both of us were caught off guard not sure if he actually said that.

Friend: "No its no problem I just thought you already rang that up."

Chris: "Ok, I'm going to remember this next time you come in.." Starts mumbling, "you want to play games, we'll play games.."

This outburst came out of nowhere as we had been nothing but polite to this guy so we weren't sure if he was serious or just kidding around with us.

Friend: "Are you fucking with us?"

Chris: "No actually I'm not."

So Chris finished ringing up the brush and my friend payed cash for it. Chris then slammed the change down in my friends hand and threw the brush back at him. My friend wanted to use the sink to wash the powder off his hands before we left so I just stood outside the bathroom keeping an eye on this guy not knowing if he was about to go postal with the Beretta he was wearing on his hip. When my friend came out and we were walking out, he even said, "Thanks" to Chris, who just stared down at the register without saying a word.

This isn't just bad customer service, personally I wouldn't feel safe shooting at a lane with my back to a rangemaster that will fly off the handle that easily. Both my friend and I will never do business there again because of this and wouldn't recommend them to anyone else. I'd advise anyone who uses the range there, be aware if this guy's working the counter/acting as rangemaster.
    Last edited by swiftwrx06; February 7th, 2010 at 11:01 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Horrible experience at Target World

I've said it before, gun salesmen aren't salesmen.

Chris should have said, "I'm sorry. I assumed that since you were splitting the range time, you wanted this rung separtely." Then he should have rung it without grumbling. Also, if was really a salesman, he'd have said, "Do you need any Hoppes, patches or gun oil?" The little things have big markup so you want to tack as many as you can onto any sale.
    Last edited by Wiley-X; February 27th, 2010 at 01:23 AM.

(Bradford County)

Thanks for the warning. I'll make sure to never go there. Even if the service wasn't bad the restrictions against defensive practice make the place worthless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    I've said it before, gun salesmen aren't salesmen.
    Then what are they?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DefconOne View Post
    Then what are they?
    I've been pondering that for decades. Maybe they're bozos who know how to run a cash register.

Quote Originally Posted by DefconOne View Post
    Then what are they?
    "clerks" could be used. Though I have a great rapport with my dealers.

(Bucks County)

i would say the whole situation is your fault since you had the nerve to ask chis to ring up your range fees seperately and then added insult to injury by requiring him to ring up the 9mm brush. that's got to be a whole 30 seconds out of his life that he can never get back all because of you two

i haven't shot at target world in a years but this post is more justification to never go their again because tools like chis work there. his response was totally uncalled for and you really have to wondr if it's safe to shoot there with someone that tempermental working behind the counter and carrying a gun. i once had a waitress get bent out of shape because me and a friend asked for seperate checks when we placed our orders.

Poor Chris, just trying to make a couple bucks and have some quality of life in America.

Then, two guys, one with cash and one with plastic, enter his world.

Would it have been so hard to have one bill and the cash guy give said cash to the plastic guy?

Did Chris have 100%, clear knowledge of who wanted to buy the cleaning brush? I mean, was it secured in a locked area behind the counter and 12 government issued ID's were required to take possession of it? Or was it hanging someplace in the store where any joe smo could pick one up and lay it on the counter? Did either Plastic man or Cash man tell Chris which one wanted to buy the cleaning brush or is Christ just supposed to assume that one of the two men wanted to buy it, not know which one, and or expect a third, yet unidentified customer to come in and pay for it? I'm sure is Chris had just charged one of the two patrons, we would have been reading about how a store clerk accidently charged someone for something they didn't want.
    Communication is so hard these days if you're not sitting facelessly behind some sort of screen.

I think Chris is in a lose lose situation with Plastic man and Cash man. Over react, maybe but I bet Chris truly felt he was being messed with or he wouldn't have asked.

Oh, well, Chris propabaly went home and smoked some ICE to unwind and prepare for his next day of work and Plastic man and Cash man probably went him and posted this truly significant event on many internet forums.

hmmmm, I think I'm going to post on many internet forums that I went to the bathroom or something else of real significance.

(Chester County)

Rangemaster ....... ?
    More like Ragemaster !!!!!

ZING !!!!!!

(Bucks County)

I have shot there many times and have never had an issue with the people downstairs. It is the people upstairs that annoy the hell out of me.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast