Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default Re: Horrible experience at Target World

Its really disgusting how gon owners treat each other in such horrible ways.
    That guy Chris sounds like he's needs a refill on his medication for Christ sakes.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Bucks County)

Yeah they definately have a couple of hotheads at target world. My last experience was a gentleman from downstairs took a call that someone sent from upstairs. that gentlemen proceeded to be rude with the customer and told him upstairs should have helped him and he was transfering him back up. I just happen to go upstairs to look around as i normally do and the gentleman got the call back up and stated he was going to go downstairs and kick the shit out ot the gentleman who sent the call back up. Rich the manager and I believe owner and the upstairs employee got into a scrsaming match right in front of the customers using profanity etc. that was a sure sign i shouldnt return as they have some unstable people working there.

(Bucks County)

Well I decided to take a gamble today cause i want my wife to start shooting and learn how to shoot. I called targetworld beings it is the closest range to me figuring what harm can be done if we just go use the range and shoot there. Well to make sure they rented stuff in 380 and 9mm i contacted them and asked what the prices were. The gentlemen stated my wife must start out with a 22 for insurance purposes. the range rate was 16 dollars an hour and 12 dollars for the rental and and ADDITIONAL 12 dollars for each rental she moved up caliber wise. I want her to start out on a 380 cause it is the lowest of best defensive calibers. So i would have had to start at 22 and work up to 380 and then 9mm if she wanted to try. The would have cost me some money. I said screw that. Contacted classic pistol where i took my act 235 class the past 2 weekends and they are 15 dollars and hour and 9 for additional person. 10 flat fee for the rental and i can get as many different guns i just have to buy the ammo. she can use whatever caliber she wants. They reccomended she start with a 22 but said it is up to her. Now that sounded like a way better deal to me. I think I will take the extra time and drive further so i dont have to deal with the bad business and people at targetworld.

(Franklin County)

Why would they give a shit what she "started out at" Sounds like a crock of shit to me. I could understand if you're a very inexpirenced shooter but they should ask that right off the bat.

I'm glad I don't visit these dumps or even live close to them

(Chester County)

This Chris character sounds like a real asshole. Had he thrown that fit on me, I'd have first demanded my money back, then I'd have the manager come down and would give him a stern talking to. I wouldn't care what the guy was packing on his hip. I wouldn't have simply just put my tail between my legs and walked out with a smile. Stand up for yourself and confront asshole salesmen like that. Now this clown is sitting back smiling because he thinks he can treat everybody through the door like that. I wouldn't have put up with his bullshit!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Poonie View Post
    This Chris character sounds like a real asshole. Had he thrown that fit on me, I'd have first demanded my money back, then I'd have the manager come down and would give him a stern talking to. I wouldn't care what the guy was packing on his hip. I wouldn't have simply just put my tail between my legs and walked out with a smile. Stand up for yourself and confront asshole salesmen like that. Now this clown is sitting back smiling because he thinks he can treat everybody through the door like that. I wouldn't have put up with his bullshit!
    yeah sounds like it.

(Monroe County)

This character is obviously some form of mental case. No doubt he has emotional issues and should probably be, or is under the care of a psychiatric professional along with heavy medication. Perhaps this Target shooting outfit has some type of community service work release arrangement to hire inmates from the local nut house.

Need to figure that any business that employs anti-social creeps such as that screwball to interface with customers is a place to be avoided.

Reportedly a photo showing the Customer Service guy at Target Fantasy World
    Last edited by Capt Quahog; February 27th, 2010 at 01:26 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    Poor Chris, just trying to make a couple bucks and have some quality of life in America.

Then, two guys, one with cash and one with plastic, enter his world.

Would it have been so hard to have one bill and the cash guy give said cash to the plastic guy?

Did Chris have 100%, clear knowledge of who wanted to buy the cleaning brush? I mean, was it secured in a locked area behind the counter and 12 government issued ID's were required to take possession of it? Or was it hanging someplace in the store where any joe smo could pick one up and lay it on the counter? Did either Plastic man or Cash man tell Chris which one wanted to buy the cleaning brush or is Christ just supposed to assume that one of the two men wanted to buy it, not know which one, and or expect a third, yet unidentified customer to come in and pay for it? I'm sure is Chris had just charged one of the two patrons, we would have been reading about how a store clerk accidently charged someone for something they didn't want.
    Communication is so hard these days if you're not sitting facelessly behind some sort of screen.

I think Chris is in a lose lose situation with Plastic man and Cash man. Over react, maybe but I bet Chris truly felt he was being messed with or he wouldn't have asked.

Oh, well, Chris propabaly went home and smoked some ICE to unwind and prepare for his next day of work and Plastic man and Cash man probably went him and posted this truly significant event on many internet forums.

hmmmm, I think I'm going to post on many internet forums that I went to the bathroom or something else of real significance.
    So you like it when clerks just curse violently at you instead of clarifying a point POLITELY - why would this need to be escalated like this? It wouldn't be a lose-lose if he was polite.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Chester County)

I've worked in Customer Service, Sales, Tech Support, etc., with 5-10 years experience in that. This guy sounds like a tool. The first thing I'd have done is ask for a manager or the owner. At this point, with you leaving the store, I would call or e-mail a complaint to the manager. Something needs to be done about a lose canon like this who's working at a range.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Quahog View Post
    This character is obviously some form of mental case. No doubt he has emotional issues and should probably be, or is under the care of a psychiatric professional along with heavy medication.

Need to figure that any business that employs an anti-social creep such as that screwball jerk to interface with customers is a place to be avoided.
    Wait...

Aren't you the guy who said:

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Quahog View Post
    Thanks for letting me know. It was just another senior moment in an ever increasing number. And . . . to correct something, if some character wandered into my business packing a side arm, I wouldn't toss his ass into the street. Instead, I'd probably pistol whip him with the Model 1911 and take his gun. I like guns and always want more . . .
    Ironic

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast