Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Inpax - Force Justification Seminar

I'm posting this as a sort of "help us help you" for vendors that support PAFOA through their advertising.

If this thread should be somewhere else, then please move it.

Also, if I am a moron, then I think I am the moron that proves the point.

Let me elaborate. I noticed the ad on PAFOA for Inpax and in particular for a "Force Justification Seminar" that they are promoting. I'm not sure what exactly their Force Justification Seminar is, by just those three words alone. I am hoping that it is somewhat similar to part of GunLawyer001's seminars, with perhaps some hands on or scenario training.

So far so good. A vendor has advertised. It may be something that I might be interested in. All I need is a modicum of additional information to see what the next step might or might not be for me (price, seminar synopsis, additional scheduling options, etc.).

I click on the PAFOA ad link and go to the Inpax web site. Under "Training Programs", I click on every available link short of downloading a brochure and can find absolutely nothing for "Force Justification Seminar". I click on "News and Events" and also find nothing. I try the site map and it is absolutely worthless. I'm not trying to slam Inpax's web site, but a site map with every entry labeled "Pittsburgh Self Defense, Pennsylvania Self Defense, Self Defense PA"? Seriously, that is not a site map.

I search PAFOA for "Force Justification Seminar" and get nothing relevant. I search again for "Inpax" and get two unrelated hits. So now I am annoyed that I am spending an inordinate amount of time getting nowhere, specifically trying to support a vendor that is supporting PAFOA.

So what is my point to vendors?

Please, if you do not get a response from your ads on PAFOA, be absolutely sure that that there is the slightest chance that an interested reader has the remotest possibility of getting some additional information about your goods or services before you assume that it is a waste of time supporting PAFOA with your advertising.

In other words, if a vendor in this case does not get an increased attendance bump for their seminar after going to the expense of advertising on PAFOA, don't assume that the disconnect was placing the ad. There may have been a ton of interested eyeballs that gave up for other reasons.

As I mentioned in the beginning of this thread, I am open to the possibility that I might be a moron. If that is the case, can anyone tell me where I was supposed to look on the web to find out more about this seminar?

Again, to all vendors. "Help us help you" in getting your ad dollars working for the benefit of your company, for the benefit of PAFOA and for the benefit of the PAFOA members.
    Vortex

"The United States is a nation of laws, . . . . badly written and randomly enforced." - generally attributed to Frank Zappa

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Inpax - Force Justification Seminar

Hey Vortex,

I've passed your suggestion on to the vendor. Thanks!
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking