Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Good Deal on Used Kel Tec P-11

Was shopping for a Kel Tec P-11 to upgrade the pocket gun too. Have done a lot of research, and the P-11 got some really good reviews from most of its owners. New one runs around $230.

While in SGD, some guy was trading one in on a pistol for his son. (Was this an omen or what???)
    I walked out with it for $180 out the door. Tax and paperwork included. It came with an extra magazine and the original box and owners manual. Gun is in nice shape. I was happy.

Ran a magazine thru it just to feel it shoot. No glitches at all. Fed reliably with Hollowpoints. No hesitation. And, I got about a 3 inch group, standing, from about 5 yards. Not bad for first time I shot it. Out of 10 rounds I had 3 fliers. But I credit them to me, trying to rapid fire the thing the first time I ever shot it. Remember, this is just a pocket pistol. Only has about a 2 3/4 inch barrel. Not made to shoot squirrels with. But the combat accuracy seems up to snuff.

It does have a long trigger pull, but no worse than the snubbie I was carrying before I got this (the end of the grip pokes out just a bit. But if I put in in a certain way, that goes away too). With 10 rounds of 9mm in the magazine and 1 in the chamber, it makes for a potent pocket pistol, thats for sure. I'll give you an update on shooting it once I can get to the range and do it right.

Here is a pic of it.

It fit right into my Nemisis Holster. It prints just a tad more than the snubbie. But it makes up for it in firepower and amount of ammo it carries.
    Last edited by Mtbkski; August 26th, 2007 at 07:04 AM.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Good Deal on Used Kel Tec P-11

Wanted to add these pics. It gives you an idea of the actual size of the Kel Tec.

And here ar two pics of the pistol in the Pocket Holster. Not a lot of difference considering the upgrade in the amount of ammo I carry now.

(Bucks County)

very nice!

one little thing though, a pet peeve if you will - your gun doesn't take "clips", it has magazines.

(Allegheny County)

i have a couple p11's and a p40, both are great guns and fill a definate nitch.

i have as my edc a p3at that rides in a back pocket holster every day.
    mpi

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by thirtyonebravo View Post
    very nice!

one little thing though, a pet peeve if you will - your gun doesn't take "clips", it has magazines.
    I don't know what your talking about. I didn't use clip in there anywhere!!! ***

I do make an effort not to use the word CLIP when talking about pistols. But I may slip once in a while. Guess I got all excited about my new purchase.

*** A portion of the thread up above has been edited to make me look better. Sorry about that.

(Bedford County)

Congrats Mtbkski on your new purchase, nice gun at a good price! Good timing, walking in right when the guy was trading it in. I never have the good fortune to walk in on somethng like that. And you got an x-tra clip er magazine with it!

I still haven't made it over to SGD yet to look at their XD's still saving $. My gun fund actually had a little setback on Friday. My brother in-law's wife works with a lady who's sister had a gun safe she wanted to sell for $500 she really needed cash. It's a Champion Trophy safe - 41"x72 1/2"x27 1/2. Big sucker 1,075 lbs empty. I don't want to hijack your thread but I'll have to post some pictures of it. It's the bargain of a lifetime for me! I called Juniata Trade in Everett, they are a dealer and they sell them for $1,560.

Later, Chunky Monkey

(Bucks County)

post again when you have a few hundred rounds through it. I would be interested to hear if your impressions as I too am sort of looking at these puppies.

(Allegheny County)

I want one also... I've done lots of research and feel pretty confident with buying one... Need money though... the wifey dosn't like my spending ability to much... I keep telling her its a gift that God gave me and she married it.

(Cambria County)

Guy I bought the gun off of said he has probably shoot well over 800 rounds out of it. NO PROBLEMS. Said he like the pistol. He just needed cash to get the kid a pistol for the Police Acadamy.

The first 10 rounds I shoot out of it were all hollowpoints. Not a glitch. I will keep you all posted. I want to get out and shoot it some more this week. So stand by.

For all the more money they cost. It got really good reviews and Kel Tec (the company) got some great reviews from other owners.

Here is the site that finally pushed me over to buy one. Check it out. http://www.ktog.org/index.html

All I can tell you is to remember. It basically is a revolver in a semis clothing. The trigger pull is long and heavy. But if you compare it to a revolver, you'll be OK. That is the only safety this pistol has, and it works great.

Oh, I'm really impressed how quickly I can pull it from my front pocket. I can get this thing out faster and easier than the snubbie. That surprised me.

(Allegheny County)

i love mine, and they are reliable. the p40 need a firm hand, as it will easily jam with an even partial limp wrist. just the physics of the weight versus caliber.
    mpi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast