Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Anyone have a concealed carry or act 235 badge?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaState View Post
    In an incident an act 235 might not seem like much at all; HOWEVER, it will show the officer that you have at least a psych eval, some basic training, and basic understanding of lasws. This might not be much but its much better than a civilan with no training.
    Seriously? Whats your plan after a self defense shooting? Wait for the police to show up and pull out your gold paint tin badge and say "it's okay guys, I'm 235 certified"?? Did you get your 235 just so you could "be covered" after a SD shooting? 235 has absolutely NOTHING to do with concealed carry when you're off the job, so if you're in a SD shoot then why are you going to bring it up? If anything the DA would probably charge you with murder because you felt like you had some imaginary authority, which allows you to take another persons life. Evidenced by the fact you were flashing around your "235 badge" saying "it's okay guys, we got him" when the cops showed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

hahahahaha aaahhahahhaaahhhaahhhhahahahahahah omfg....

Last edited by emsjeep; February 8th, 2010 at 02:14 AM.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Monroe County)

Might get a badge made for my Act 235 to carry on my belt. Seems like a good idea if I ever had to pull it in a defenseive situation. Anyone else get one made?
    If anyone did, I am fairly sure they wouldn't post about it here. Do what you want, it isn't illegal. It is going to be a waste of money, as it won't help you with a police interaction. In fact, if someone thinks you are impersonating a LEO, and brings a real LEO into the situation, you are probably going to be in an unreasonable amount of shit. But again, do what you like.

Daddy, please make it stop....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by acbird0311 View Post
    People who dont like the idea of people carrying expect someone to flaunt our right to carry instead of being a quiet professional. I would rather not spotlight myself, my gun is for self defense not a political statement.

+100.

IMO, the badge shouts "wannabee."

Noah

(Allegheny County)

I guess I'm the only one here that has an ACT235 badge. Been issued three of them in fact by my employers. They are so purdy and shiny. The wimmins really dig them too.

Honestly I don't like wearing them even while in uniform.

And you wouldn't ever catch me carrying them out of uniform. Except for maybe turning them in after I quit my security jobs.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Seriously? Whats your plan after a self defense shooting? Wait for the police to show up and pull out your gold paint tin badge and say "it's okay guys, I'm 235 certified"?? Did you get your 235 just so you could "be covered" after a SD shooting? 235 has absolutely NOTHING to do with concealed carry when you're off the job, so if you're in a SD shoot then why are you going to bring it up? If anything the DA would probably charge you with murder because you felt like you had some imaginary authority, which allows you to take another persons life. Evidenced by the fact you were flashing around your "235 badge" saying "it's okay guys, we got him" when the cops showed up.
    Would you as a civilian be more or less inclined to shoot the man with a gun who also happens to have a badge? Would I be better off carrying a badge that is related to my place of employment? It has nothing to do with being justified rather it is something that may cause a resonable person and or an on or off duty officer to hesitate before shooting me. I could be in the middle of any number of situations and this might be the thing that saves my ass.

(Lackawanna County)

Would you as a civilian be more or less inclined to shoot the man with a gun who also happens to have a badge? Would I be better off carrying a badge that is related to my place of employment? It has nothing to do with being justified rather it is something that may cause a resonable person and or an on or off duty officer to hesitate before shooting me. I could be in the middle of any number of situations and this might be the thing that saves my ass.
    have you read a single thing that was posted in response to your posts?

let me sum it up for you, in simple American Standard:

you're little tin badge means nothing to anyone but yourself, and an ignorant sheep who thinks a badge confers authority. it will mean nothing to anyone here, or any LEO who saw it. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE TRUTH WE'RE SERVING YOU.

(Monroe County)

Best thing is to wear it during work but only if required. Those badges are just a gimmick and will likely get you in more trouble then the would help you avoid. Leave the badges to Sargent Joe Friday.

(Monroe County)

As a "civilian" I'd be more inclined to shoot the guy with some fake ass fucking tin badge claiming to be "certified mumble mumble mumble" while there is a pile of bodies bleeding out and screaming in pain all over the immediate area. As far as I know, you're impersonating the police, something BAD GUYS usually do. I'll probably put my gun on you and fire if you make any quick movements, or hold you till the police get there, this is all dependent on the scenario of course.

Again, why do you think showing someone a tin 235 badge is going to change the outcome during a SD shooting? It's just going to complicate things, what don't you understand? MOST civilians probably have no idea what the act 235 is, and will probably deduce that you're a liar and a bad guy pretty quickly. 99% of police don't give two fucks what kind of a badge you have, even if it's a police badge. There is still a SOP on what to do upon arriving to the scene, and they even momentarily detain fellow police officers. You think that your tin badge is going to make a difference here? It's just going to get you shot. What don't you get?

ETA: The fact that you have a 235 conveys absolutely no useful data to the police. I mean seriously this is bugging me, please tell me what you would say when the police show up and you're knee deep in bodies holding some possible scumbag at gun point so he didn't flee. 235 means nothing to them. As Jah stated earlier in the thread, I also know some slack jaw sheep fuckers who never even owned a gun before signing up for the 235 class and passed it in flying colors. I could take a shit and arm it with a lego gun, and it would probably score higher on the 235 exam than most people do. What about the 235 makes you special, and gives you some kind of immunity from police investigation?
    Last edited by jcabin; February 8th, 2010 at 01:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

The badge is a Horrible Idea, Makes you a target. And you might as well be Impersonating Officer With your Attitude

PS

This thread is full of WIN@!!!!!!!!!!
    PSS
    Can we do a group buy of these Badges !!!!!!!!!!LMAO !!!!!!
    Last edited by Pvandunk; February 8th, 2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Cause
    Does this look like my Care Face.....

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast