Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Glock 23

(Northampton County)

Default Glock 23

Hey fellas, Just picked up a new Glock 23 today .And i have a question..Does anyone know a gunsmith who does hard chrome finish on glocks in the lehigh valley???. And if so how much? thaks in advance

Default Re: Glock 23

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Dreggie View Post
    Hey fellas, Just picked up a new Glock 23 today .And i have a question..Does anyone know a gunsmith who does hard chrome finish on glocks in the lehigh valley???. And if so how much? thaks in advance
    Keep it black man, keep it black.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF4i View Post
    Keep it black man, keep it black.

Hey thats my wifes sister's motto too!!

Seriouly though, Hard Chrome is for finishes that ever ever a chance at wearing under normal which, in my experience, tenifer does not. Its harder than hard chrome. I have been researching finishes for a 1911 and, if I decide to do it, it will be NP3 (which Glock doesnt need either).
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    Hey thats my wifes sister's motto too!!

Seriouly though, Hard Chrome is for finishes that ever ever a chance at wearing under normal which, in my experience, tenifer does not. Its harder than hard chrome. I have been researching finishes for a 1911 and, if I decide to do it, it will be NP3 (which Glock doesnt need either).
    (Kb ~ Now that is Funny ~ Sad, But Funny)

Why??
    Just Why?

That's like buying a Hummer and then Lowering to the ground. If you want a 'Pretty' Gun..Go buy one, a Glock was never meant to be pretty and a Hard Chrome finish isn't gonna make it look any better..Instead just send me the money you are looking to waste on this foolish adventure.

TJB
    Last edited by TJB63; February 7th, 2010 at 09:27 AM.
    Recoil Happens

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by TJB63 View Post
    (Kb ~ Now that is Funny ~ Sad, But Funny)

Why??
    Just Why?

That's like buying a Hummer and then Lowering to the ground. If you want a 'Pretty' Gun..Go buy one, a Glock was never meant to be pretty and a Hard Chrome finish isn't gonna make it look any better..Instead just send me the money you are looking to waste on this foolish adventure.

TJB

First off i asked if anyone knew where i could get this done. I do own what you call pretty guns (dipshit). I just asked a simple question if you cant help, dont answer. Like to change the apperance on the glock thats all. And like to help prevent some holster wear, by giving it a durable finish.

(Allegheny County)

The Tennifer is more durable than hard chrome. The black phosphate finish on the Glock slide will show holster wear, but the Tennifer is in the metal. I'd say take a look at Robar's NP3 if you want a silver/grey Glock slide. If you're dead set on hardchrome however, you might also like Metalife. They are located in Grand Valley, Pa. 16420 814-436-7747. Or you can check around at local machine shops, some may offer industrial hardchroming for nominal charge, heck even the local phone book might have plating services listed. Alot of places seem to offer the service, however the quality and price can vary greatly in my experience, at least it did when I was getting some auto parts hardchromed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Dreggie View Post
    First off i asked if anyone knew where i could get this done. I do own what you call pretty guns (dipshit). I just asked a simple question if you cant help, dont answer. Like to change the apperance on the glock thats all. And like to help prevent some holster wear, by giving it a durable finish.
    My, My testy...Sorry to upset you..I would assume (my mistake) that the durability of Glock's Tennifer finish is well known by most gun owners, Hence I have a hard time understanding why anyone would want to throw good hard earned money at an inferior finish. But as they say..It's your gun and yours to do with as you wish.

So with that said..Good Luck

TJb
    Recoil Happens

(Chester County)

Hoplophobia is funny

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by West Chester View Post
    The pic as well as the sigline had me spitting Vodka out of my nose, thanks!
    +1 for a sense of humor.