Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Stoeger condor firing pin stick?

Well, i got a nice looking stoeger condor o/u yesterday in a trade. It came with both 12ga and 20ga barrels...
    I only had a chance to fire two shots from it, and both went bang, so thats good.
    But right after getting it, i dry fired it once, and then went to brake the gun open, low and behold the firing pin on the lower barrel was stuck out and would only let the gun brake open a part of the way. I used a little screw driver to push the pin back in, and then the gun opened up fine. I only had that issue with a dry fire, when using live loads, or snap caps it does not stick out...
    Anyone have any idea what i should do here? Other then that its a very sharp gun.
    Semper Fi

Default Re: Stoeger condor firing pin stick?

I shoot a Condor Supreme for trap. One thing I have noticed with Stoeger they need a good cleaning right from the box the factory lube gets real tacky after it sets a while. Then about every 700 rounds it needs a good cleaning. By this I mean take the stock off and clean the insides and lube it up good. You should be good to go after that.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Lancaster County)

Ok sounds good, i'll give that a try. Any tips on taking the stock off? There are no springs that are going to jump out and grab me by the throat are there? haha
    Semper Fi

Take the but plate off use a LONG screw driverand the screw should come out. The fit of the wood maybe tight so take it easy coming off, aside from that there should be know problem.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

Your not meant to dry fire without snap caps or some other device, I see that heaps. Snapped pins, Bent pins, burr's you name it.........

(Lancaster County)

Ok, thanks guys. Yea i keep two spent shells in for dry firing so as not to damage anything.
    Semper Fi