Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Stoeger Cougar Changes: New Finishes and a .45ACP w/Tac Rail!

Sweet! Since I'm probably the biggest cheerleader for the Cougar, I just noticed some new changes for the little handgun that could.

You can now get it with a Bruniton matte black slide and anodized frame:

You can now get it with a Bruniton matte silver slide and anodized frame:

You can still get it in Bruniton matte black (as before):

AND you can now get it in .45ACP! And the .45 comes with a tactical rail!

Only the .45 has the rail...and you can only get the .45 in black. All other models still come in 9mm or .40.

You can also buy wooden Stoeger grips, although plenty of Beretta grips still exist on the market.

Stoeger Industries is pleased to annoucne the .45 ACP caliber has been added to the Cougar-series of double-action, semi-auto pistols. The .45 ACP is arguarbly the most respected pistol cartridge ever designed with more than a century of outstanding results in major conflicts and law enforcement to underline it’s superb and proven performance.

Two new finishes have been added to the Cougar series of semi-automatic pistols. The first option is a non-glare Bruniton® silver steel slide with an anodized alloy matte-silver frame. The second version comes in a two-tone style, featuring a matte Bruniton® black steel slide combined with an anodized alloy matte-silver frame.

A new feature, available only on the .45 ACP model, is an integrated accessory-rail positioned under the barrel for convenient placement of tactical lights and lasers.

I'm nearly wetting my pants at this point. I think I'm putting off my desire to get a 92FS Inox for a little longer. I just gotta have that .45!
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

Default Re: Stoeger Cougar Changes: New Finishes and a .45ACP w/Tac Rail!

I am with you as a big fan of this gun. I think is one of the best bargains on the market. I almost bought the .45 years ago when Beretta made it. I was a little concerned about buying the Stoeger verison, but I have been absolutely blown away by this gun. I got rid of the Sig Sauer P6 that I had once I picked it up. If you have an opportunity to shoot this gun, do it. IMO, for $400 you won't find a nicer shooting, better quality gun. The only downside I see to it is the weight.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I am with you as a big fan of this gun. I think is one of the best bargains on the market. I almost bought the .45 years ago when Beretta made it. I was a little concerned about buying the Stoeger verison, but I have been absolutely blown away by this gun. I got rid of the Sig Sauer P6 that I had once I picked it up. If you have an opportunity to shoot this gun, do it. IMO, for $400 you won't find a nicer shooting, better quality gun. The only downside I see to it is the weight.
    I definitely have my eye on a silver Cougar in the 40 S&W since I don't currently have a gun in that caliber. The Cougar is definitely a sexy gun but I think Stoeger is missing an opportunity by not manufacturing the Cougar with a polymer frame. A polymer frame would make it a much more attractive carry option to compete against Glocks, XD, Ruger, etc. I'm sure some people would still carry it even being about 32.5 oz (unloaded) but I am sure most would choose something lighter. Personally I do not carry anything over 30 oz (loaded). Stoeger could easily get this gun down to around 24 oz with a polymer frame.

(Montgomery County)

The Cougar with a Poly frame is a Beretta PX4,,this PX was developed based of the Cougar,,,I wish Beretta kept the equipment and kept making the Cougar instead of shipping the equipment to Stoeger ,,Yeah Beretta owns Stoeger but its not the same to me not having Beretta stamped on the slide,,,still agreat gun and I love they use the typle L slide.

Cougar Poly frame..not gonna happen
    Glock Certified Armorer, GSSF Member, NRA Member

Actually the plastic Cougar equivalent is going to be the "new" PX4C which has the same length barrel and 15 round mag of the Cougar. The original PX4's barrel is about 1/2 longer than the Stoeger Cougars and holds 17rounds in the mag.
    The PX4 will now come in 3 sizes. PX4 PX4C PX4SC

Photos at

http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=58303

(Westmoreland County)

I like the matte silver slide and anodized frame combo, very nice.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by group17 View Post
    Actually the plastic Cougar equivalent is going to be the "new" PX4C which has the same length barrel and 15 round mag of the Cougar. The original PX4's barrel is about 1/2 longer than the Stoeger Cougars and holds 17rounds in the mag.
    The PX4 will now come in 3 sizes. PX4 PX4C PX4SC

Photos at

http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=58303
    I just don't care for the look of the PX series. I know they are inspired from the Cougar but to me it just looks like they made the design of the Cougar more edgy and modern. I prefer the classic look of the original Cougar and wish they made it in polymer at the same price point as the Stoeger.

Quote Originally Posted by TcRoc View Post
    The Cougar with a Poly frame is a Beretta PX4,,this PX was developed based of the Cougar,,,I wish Beretta kept the equipment and kept making the Cougar instead of shipping the equipment to Stoeger ,,Yeah Beretta owns Stoeger but its not the same to me not having Beretta stamped on the slide,,,still agreat gun and I love they use the typle L slide.

Cougar Poly frame..not gonna happen
    That was part of my hesitation before buying it. I don't think you would know the difference between the two if you didn't look at the markings. The quality is there!

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by TcRoc View Post
    I wish Beretta kept the equipment and kept making the Cougar instead of shipping the equipment to Stoeger ,,Yeah Beretta owns Stoeger but its not the same to me not having Beretta stamped on the slide
    Buy a Cougar, find a surplus Beretta slide and grips, then you're ready to rock!

Other than that, there's no difference.

I may visit the local store today to see what the silver models are like in person...
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Montgomery County)

I've had and sold my share of cougars ,,the only one I want now is a
    8000 Inox to sit next to my 92fs Inox
    Glock Certified Armorer, GSSF Member, NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast