Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bradford County)

Default American Tactical AT92 Beretta Clone

Has anyone seen, fired, or purchased and American Tactical AT92? It is a Beretta 92 clone made in Turkey and imported by American Tactical Imports in Rochester, NY. There is an ad for them in the latest Guns & Ammo.

Picture from website:

http://dealer.americantactical.us/pu...1257525170.jpg

URL:

http://dealer.americantactical.us/products?product=593

I am thinking about getting a pair of these, but I want to make sure they are made well. I have seen some really nice shotguns made in Turkey, so I know there are plants that build excellent firearms there. The website says they have AT92s in compact and full sized with either a blued or nickel finish. I am also interested in knowing what one of these will actually cost, and I can't find a real price online. I will pay very low fees at a local dealer foor the transfer. If they actually cost as much as the suggested retail ($549.95) then I am just going to get Italian Berettas or police trade-in Berettas. I want to be able to shoot paper targets with my brother-in-law, who is in the Navy, so I am interested in getting a pair of M9-style pistols. Suggested retail for the nickel finish is the same as the blued, so I will go with those if I end up going ATI.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: American Tactical AT92 Beretta Clone

Quote Originally Posted by daniel.ryan View Post
    I want to be able to shoot paper targets with my brother-in-law, who is in the Navy, so I am interested in getting a pair of M9-style pistols.
    Are you sure he is using the M9? When I left active duty Navy in the early 90's we were transitioning from 1911s to Sig 226s. The first twenty arrived on my ship about a month before I got out. Did they make the move to Beretta 92's or is that just the Army and Marine Corps?

Anyway, I have seen this pistol in ads and on the net before. Being you can find used Beretta 92s in great shape for under 400 dollars the price of these would have to be under three for me to even consider them. My guess is that they will sell for about 375 so for me it would be a no go. I suggest you find yourself a used Beretta and let your brother in law find his own gun.

(York County)

Above post-----> If I remember correctly I thought the Navy and Coast Guard went to the Sigs and the Marine Corps, Army, and Air Force are still with the M9.

OP,
    If they actually have the retail price of $549.99, you might as well save an extra $50 and get a real Beretta M9. No point in going with a knock off at that price tag. I love my M9 and wouldn't sell it for the world. Best of Luck.

GB
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Lycoming County)

For the service pistol matches, the M9 (92fs) is used. I'd spend the small difference for the Beretta. You and your BIL should look into going to Camp Perry for the Small Arms Firing School and EIC Match (middle of July). A lot of fun, no matter how much experience you have. However, your BIL could be pulled from "class" to help on the firing line.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Centre County)

When you can find police tradein 92f/s for $350~, i don't see the point of AT-92.
    Not to mention Beretta 92f/s itself can be had for $549...
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/39954

I would be more interested in this tho...
    http://dealer.americantactical.us/products?product=1381
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Bradford County)

Alright; thanks for the help everyone. I am going to keep my eyes open for some police trade-in Berettas at the right price. I think those will be perfect for plinking and practicing for the Navy qualifications. When my BIL qualified and trained last Fall, they were using Berettas, and I don't think that will change any time soon. If someone is selling AT92s in the nickel finish for $325 I might go for those, but I expect them to be fairly pricey like the other ATI guns.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by daniel.ryan View Post
    If someone is selling AT92s in the nickel finish for $325 I might go for those
    I used to see Taurus PT-92 with chrome finish for like $350~ used all the time.
    I haven't in while tho
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Franklin County)

Good luck trying to find an Inox M9. Gander Mountain was 700 bucks for a new one.. F That.

Anyone have one for sale?

I just picked up a full size from cdnn for 299.00 (second week of october 2010) and I can tell you not a bad deal!!!! Quality of fit and finnish is equal to any beretta for double the price. On a quick range test a few days later it ate up 30rds of Winchester WB and 25rds of steel case wolf without a problem. The trigger is the best youll find on a non-custom pistol, same to say for the barrel. Accuracey is also as good as the shooter pulling the trigger(a match grade barrel may help slightly). After 17 for shipping and 25 for the transfer not a bad deal for 342 OTD. I bought this pistol mainly just to complaiment my cx4 carbine. I suggest anyone save 300 bucks and buy one of these over a Beretta.

Now with all that said..... GLOCK FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like I said, I got it just to complete my carbine for fun plinking.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by gabec35139 View Post
    I just picked up a full size from cdnn for 299.00 (second week of october 2010) and I can tell you not a bad deal!!!! Quality of fit and finnish is equal to any beretta for double the price. On a quick range test a few days later it ate up 30rds of Winchester WB and 25rds of steel case wolf without a problem. The trigger is the best youll find on a non-custom pistol, same to say for the barrel. Accuracey is also as good as the shooter pulling the trigger(a match grade barrel may help slightly). After 17 for shipping and 25 for the transfer not a bad deal for 342 OTD. I bought this pistol mainly just to complaiment my cx4 carbine. I suggest anyone save 300 bucks and buy one of these over a Beretta.

Now with all that said..... GLOCK FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like I said, I got it just to complete my carbine for fun plinking.
    I bought my ati 92c from cdnn a couple months ago - have had no issues at all - well made pistol and pretty much an exact clone. Best buy around at $ 299.
    Last edited by cruzans; October 25th, 2010 at 07:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast