Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The garage

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: The garage

I had a similar thing happen not to long ago, it was my alarm that went off and I was notified by my neighbor, I was about 5 minutes from my house when he called so I would arrive before the police.

When I pulled up first thing I did was check the perimeter of the house, no sign of a break in. I kind of figured the dog set the alarm off, this put me at ease. I then entered the house and found this to be the case.

As I was in the house the police showed up, seen my wife in the car, approached and asked who she was and to show ID. I was still in the house, as I came outside the police were at the door, told them everything was fine, they informed me what sensor was tripped and I told them it was the dog that did it. All ended well.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: The garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Run as fast I can back to my house in a zig-zag pattern and call the police.
    This^^^^............the second you realize the door is open, even before movement is detected, is when you realize that its not the storm making the alarm go off. We would all like to play rambo at some point im sure, but thats what paintball and airsoft is for.

This is not someone committing forceful entry on you and your family at 2 am with a gun, this is an intruder in a garage. Garage door open=call cops. No lives are in immediate danger so there is no reason to engage the intruder with a gun yourself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123