Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Besides ammo, what else do you pick up the day you buy a new gun?

A few years ago, when money seemed to be less of an issue, I always picked up a few extra mags with a pistol purchase or some speed loaders for the revolvers. A holster for cc and a holster for oc were also a must. Now that my wallet has thinned out, all I bought extra with my last two handgun purchases was a cleaning brush in the appropiate caliber. What do you like to get as extras when you make that new purchase?

(Pike County)

Default Re: Besides ammo, what else do you pick up the day you buy a new gun?

Mags/loaders if needed, and a cleaning kit if I don't have one for the caliber.

(York County)

The last handgun I bought was for the wife & I ended up walking out of the shop with a handgun for myself too that day

With both the last new shotgun & new rifle I bought, I don't recall buying anything but the gun.

The most recent gun purchase I made was a used shotgun (w/ a lead only full choke) in a private sale, but that was closely followed by purchases of a sling, a modified choke tube for steel shot, two boxes of 3 1/2 inch shells in steel shot for hunting waterfowl & a box of 3 1/2 inch 00 buck for it for the bedside since the other bedside shotty is only chambered for 3 inch, and while shopping for the accessories, I happened upon a pair of cammo waders in my size, on sale over 50% off, so they also came home with me.
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(Allegheny County)

Normally some extra ammo. This last time I didn't get anything. Figured I'd fool with it for a couple days and decide what was actually needed, instead of what I thought I needed that day. Mainly for the reasons mentioned about wallets.

I always do my homework as best I can before purchasing to avoid any money toileting I can. But now I do even more before I consider buying things.

(Allegheny County)

Normally a holster and at least 5 extra magazines. In the past, maybe some ammo as well, but I'm well stocked these days. Pending the weapon, I'll often purchase night sights at that time as well, if not already on the weapon.

(Schuylkill County)

Ammo, can never have enough, Holsters, Mags, new belt, and mag carriers, each and every carry gun has its own carry rig.

Usually end up buying 2 guns at a time anymore, one for me and one for SIG-GIRL, so double everything.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    Ammo, can never have enough, Holsters, Mags, new belt, and mag carriers, each and every carry gun has its own carry rig.

Usually end up buying 2 guns at a time anymore, one for me and one for SIG-GIRL, so double everything.

Holy shit dude, if you ever want to adopt a hetero-lifemate I'm in!!

It depends on how spontaneous the buy is for me. If I have been researching and planning it, I'll pick up an OC and CC holster if the shop has the one want, although I end up ordering more of those online. Mostly like everyone else, just a couple mags, a little ammo, etc.
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

I've been trying to only buy guns in calibers that I already feed, but I'll still pick up a box or two of ammo with a new purchase. I usually buy some extra mags at another time when I can find a deal. I'll make a new holster/sling/etc. when I get around to it.

(Philadelphia County)

Just the gun itself.
    I am an addict and have all that I need.
    Peter

I always keep 500-1000 rounds each of 9mm, .40 & .45 ammo on hand, so I only get 2-3 extra mags at the time of purchase.

My holster/mag pouches I usually end up buying online after researching what's available & what I think will work best for the intended use.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast