Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Speeding with OCing!

Hello everyone!

Ok its 1015am im at wawa. Look at the time late for work. Crap. Got in my car and left. Plug my radar detector in and got on to 309. Doing about 80 in 55. I was trying to be in lansdale from quakertown in 15 mins. About 5 mins in on 309 state trooper tagged me going 88 on 55. Took him .5 miles to pull me over when i already reduced my speed to 50 and flashed my 4 ways letting them know im ready to pull over. He flashed his lights pulled over and i got my insurance card, lic out and stuck my wallet back into my pocket. Saw 2 troopers get out. One on the left and right. And all of a sudden i forgot i took my jacket off and the gun was showing in plain view. I knew something bad is going to come out of this. By this time both troopers where looking into my back seat threw the windows and the trooper on the right yelled GUN!! ( I had both my hands on the steering wheel the whole time.)Both troopers ran to the back of my car and had guns drawn. Got asked to get out of the car and hands behind my head and walk backwards to the sound of his voice. The cops. Took the gun out of my serpa stage 2. and put it on top of his hood.

Trooper left asked if i had a ltcf i said yes and he asked me where it was. I told him in my left pocket. He told me to get it and i said no. You can get it sir. The trooper then asked if i had and sharp objects in my pocket i said no just my wallet and phone. Took my ltcf and my lic and proof of insurance card to his car while trooper on the right stood with me. He picked my gun up and took the mag out to see what kind of bullets i was carrying and he saw jacketed hollow points and he stuck it back into my gun. The other trooper came out and he said i can put my hands down and gave me back my info and my gun and he issued me a speeding ticket. And told me to have a nice day. So now i was 30 mins late. And i have to drive to the courthouse to pleade not guilty so i can fight it to drop the points.

I have to call my chief and ask him what should i do. But overall the troopers are nice and didnt beat me to the curb at least. Well thanks for reading and hope you good people have a nice snowy day =]
    Last edited by Ruger1022; February 6th, 2010 at 11:29 AM.

Default Re: Speeding with OCing!

the way you described them yelling gun and running to the back of the car, im surprised they didnt shoot you.
    FJB

(Lackawanna County)

#1 - stop speeding, if you don't want to get pulled over.

#2 - a bunch of staties have been killed recently. they might be a little jumpy these days. still, i'm not sure they had a reason to pull you out of the car.

#3 - good call not reaching for your wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger1022 View Post
    Hello everyone! My names is Anthony.

Ok its 1015am im at wawa. Look at the time late for work. Crap. Got in my car and left. Plug my radar detector in and got on to 309. Doing about 80 in 55. I was trying to be in lansdale from quakertown in 15 mins. About 5 mins in on 309 state trooper tagged me going 88 on 55. Took him .5 miles to pull me over when i already reduced my speed to 50 and flashed my 4 ways letting them know im ready to pull over. He flashed his lights pulled over and i got my insurance card, lic out and stuck my wallet back into my pocket. Saw 2 troopers get out. One on the left and right. And all of a sudden i forgot i took my jacket off and the gun was showing in plain view. I knew something bad is going to come out of this. By this time both troopers where looking into my back seat threw the windows and the trooper on the right yelled GUN!! ( I had both my hands on the steering wheel the whole time.)Both troopers ran to the back of my car and had guns drawn. Got asked to get out of the car and hands behind my head and walk backwards to the sound of his voice. The cops. Took the gun out of my serpa stage 2. and put it on top of his hood.

Trooper left asked if i had a ltcf i said yes and he asked me where it was. I told him in my left pocket. He told me to get it and i said no. You can get it sir. The trooper then asked if i had and sharp objects in my pocket i said no just my wallet and phone. Took my ltcf and my lic and proof of insurance card to his car while trooper on the right stood with me. He picked my gun up and took the mag out to see what kind of bullets i was carrying and he saw jacketed hollow points and he stuck it back into my gun. The other trooper came out and he said i can put my hands down and gave me back my info and my gun and he issued me a speeding ticket. And told me to have a nice day. So now i was 30 mins late. And i have to drive to the courthouse to pleade not guilty so i can fight it to drop the points.

I have to call my chief and ask him what should i do. But overall the troopers are nice and didnt beat me to the curb at least. Well thanks for reading and hope you good people have a nice snowy day =]
    jesus christ not this shit again....

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger1022 View Post
    .... Doing about 80 in 55..state trooper tagged me going 88 on 55....And i have to drive to the courthouse to pleade not guilty so i can fight it to drop the points.
    Admission of guilt on a public forum...but pleading not guilty....

(York County)

25mph the posted speed limit you are lucky you still have your DL, Leave earlier the next time. You being late is no reason to endanger others on the road with excessive speed.
    RIP -The US constitution.

(Lancaster County)

About them running to the back of the car and drawing their guns. I can't be the only one who that seriously just doesn't sit well. It's holstered, he is in the car, there is two of them. Really?! Would anyone be that stupid to attempt to grab it and draw when they know they will lose? I'm sorry, but there has been too many over all stories (yes on here)about State Troopers either pulling their gun, or telling the person to get out of their car, or stopping them and having them put their hands up in the air like they are criminals, FUCK THAT. Or in some other way mess with people OC'ing.

Local cops don't stop someone for OC'ing and have them put their hands up in the air, so why should they be any different?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Chester County)

I think you should keep the points, you were be very unsafe.
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Berks County)

You know, if you would manage your time wisely, you wouldn't have to speed. Also, you wouldn't need a radar detector, which didn't help you anyway.

What I don't understand is how people understand and respect gun safety, then get in their cars and speed. To me speeding is no different than handling a firearm recklessly. It shows disregard for the safety of others around you.

I hate speeders. Since you were going 88 in a 55 I hope you get the maximum points the law will allow.
    Last edited by NRA Trucker; February 5th, 2010 at 02:49 PM.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast