Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Elk County)

Default Re: Speeding with OCing!

I can't imagine doing 80-85 mph on 309 in Quakertown at any time except maybe 0200. And definitely not northbound in Coopersburg right now.

Noah

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger1022 View Post
    Some of you people say you hate speeders. But we all know everyone speed once in a while. I usually do 60 on normal days when i go to work. It just happen to be a bad day. Like gettig gas at wawa took me 15 mins. I admit i was speeding i even told the trooper. I just want to pleade not guilty and pay the fine without points. I have my rights to do so as pleased. And for them having the weapons ready. They apolgized it was a precaution they want to go threw. I wasnt scared i was just taking my time getting out the car cause other cars are driving by and im walking backwards. They didnt handcuff me or anything just hands behind my head. Very nice trooper. Just young and wanted to be safe. I ment no harm or any danger to anyone.
    Yeah, it's always someone just "having a bad day" when they kill someones wife driving home.

Whether or not you mean any harm is irrelevant. By exceeding the limit as much as you have you put everybody around you in danger. You broke the law and you should take the points.

The next time you decide to break the law and speed to work to gain a few extra minutes, think of one thing, what if you killed someone? Sure, you might be a great driver and think that nothing will happen, and
    Last edited by NRA Trucker; February 5th, 2010 at 04:31 PM.

If the speedlimit is 55 and you do 56 it still considering breaking the law. No one is perfect. It was a mistake i made and i admit to it.
    Apparently not if you're going to fight as not guilty?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
    sorry have got to second.

also radar wont help you much if your not watching behind you.....

as for fighting it, i think your going to have a tough time, there were two cops as witnesses. Also because of their reaction to you OC-ing it was most likely well documented.

good luck with that, slow down next time.....
    Utinam barbari spatium proprium tuum invadant!

(Elk County)

80 in a 55 in Virginia is an automatic Reckless Driving charge and a mandatory immediate visit to their equivalent of our Magisterial District Justice. Thanks to a York Co. VA deputy that was also a Marine reservist and my being in my Class B summer uniform, he let me off with a warning in 1985 on the side of I-64 just west of Williamsburg. At that time, the max speed limit was still 55 on VA interstates.

I never went over 60 MPH through there after that, until the speed limit got raised a few years later.

Noah

(Monroe County)

Good luck getting to work on time.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by RangerBEH View Post
    also radar wont help you much if your not watching behind you.....
    Fact of the matter is they will not help you at all if you are the target. By the time your radar buzzes they already know your speed. The only time a radar detector will help you is if someone else is the target and your radar picks up that signal ahead of time.
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Its one thing to do 80mph at night when there are few people on the highway, but doing 80 during the end of morning rush hour is F'ing foolish.

Think about how late you will be next time when you kill someone.

In my opinion, you DESERVE those points on your license and a higher insurance rate.
    THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm tired of paying outrageous insurance premiums for my perfect driving record because of dipshits like this guy classify me as a 'high risk' because of my age. Take the points you deserve and pay your own fucking high insurance rates. Why the fuck would you plead not guilty when you obviously broke the law and even admitted to it on a public forum? Tell the judge you fucked up and want to take what you deserve like a man.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

(Montgomery County)

Talking Re: Speeding with OCing!

it seems like the same troopers that got you today got me.with mine there was no drama, at all.

(Montgomery County)

And i have to drive to the courthouse to pleade not guilty so i can fight it to drop the points.
    Yes please take a day off work and go to the courthouse to fight this. You have about 0.5% chance of winning. But don't worry, after the judge hears your story, he'll have some fond words of advice for you I'm sure.
    The right to bear arms isn't for hunting bear. Subliminal Messages

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast