Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: Open carry in and around Franklin County

Great to see this picking back up Greg! Keep it up!
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/avatars/fireguy15.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1223682849

(Luzerne County)

After all the excitement of the last week your practically a local landmark now

Probably going to be asked for autographs when you OC...

(Bucks County)

great job man, way to get back in the saddle.
    "Where would man be without his rights, weapons, and beasts." -me

(Franklin County)

1/23/08
    Hoss's

Lincoln Way East, Chambersburg, PA (Franklin County)

Dinner with family.

2/2/08
    Giant grocery store

Wayne Ave., Chambersburg (Franklin County)

Stopped to pick up some fruit and snacks on our way out of town for the weekend.

Sheetz
    Corner of Rts. 114 & 11, Mechanicsburg (Cumberland County)

Quick stop for drinks.

2/6/08
    Shooter's Delight

Edenville Rd., Chambersburg (Franklin County)

Stopped in to pay for a safety class I'm taking in a couple of weeks. I also asked (and received permission) to leave some more of Pa. Patriot's flyers. I had left a few several months ago, and they were all gone.

As I came back in with the flyer's, the manager (former Chambersburg police officer) asked if I had read about the guy from Fayetteville that lost his LTCF. I looked a bit confused, and he then mentioned the hearing that was in the paper.

I told him the guy was from New Franklin, not Fayetteville, and that "I'm the guy". He's sure that my incident will lead to new legislation banning all firearms at polling places. I disagreed and we politely exchanged some of the typical arguments for/against OC. Neither of us will convince each other, and that's fine. The point I tried to leave him with is that everyone has the right to their own opinion and should be free to act within the law. Hope he doesn't bring this issue up during the class.....

2/10/08
    Wal-mart

Rt. 30, Chambersburg, PA (Franklin County)

Had my coat on while selecting ammo and groceries (no DL scan for the ammo sale), but took my coat off for the self-check/bag/re-load cart operations. Had nice conversation with the clerk staffing the self-check aisles. My firearms was facing her, and I have no doubt it was seen. No mention of it, no summoning of management or LEOs.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Dauphin County)

I work part-time for 2 different bail bondsmen and tend to carry openly when on duty. Honestly, I've gone into many public establishments (I'm usually wearing some form of identification) and found that nobody really cares. I'm sure people see the gun on the hip, but nobody has asked. I live and work in Harrisburg and even the "ghetto" Wal-Mart here hasn't yet called the cops.

Tonight, I made a stop at the CVS on Derry St. No problems whatsoever.

Even made a stop at 7-Eleven up the road for coffee. Friend of mine who is a police officer in Swatara Township noticed the gun on the hip and didn't confront me on it. Considering he's the acting Sergeant right now; if there was a problem with it, I'd hear about it.

I think the "fear" of people carrying is starting to fade. I think the media is slowly losing its "all guns are bad" grip on the American public and citizens are realizing to think for themselves and that the more intelligent of us are going to make the means to defend ourselves readied and that there will be those of us who don't feel the need to conceal it, but rather to do it with pride.

BTW, this is my first post here. I'm very glad to have found a "local" forum and look forward to the great conversaion I seem to have already found browsing these forums.

All the best,
    -38SnubFan

(Lancaster County)

Welcome to the forum

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 38SnubFan View Post
    I work part-time for 2 different bail bondsmen and tend to carry openly when on duty. Honestly, I've gone into many public establishments (I'm usually wearing some form of identification) and found that nobody really cares. I'm sure people see the gun on the hip, but nobody has asked. I live and work in Harrisburg and even the "ghetto" Wal-Mart here hasn't yet called the cops.
    Welcome aboard!

Thanks for sharing your experiences. As those of us whom OC regularly know, it is nearly 100% non-issue.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    [B]1/23/08

Wal-mart
    Rt. 30, Chambersburg, PA (Franklin County)

WARNING....

Greg will try and get you to buy him grape juice if he see's you in wal-mart......

your best defense is to keep an eye out and spot him first.........he's a quick one.....

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by chesire17201 View Post
    WARNING....

Greg will try and get you to buy him grape juice if he see's you in wal-mart......

your best defense is to keep an eye out and spot him first.........he's a quick one.....

For the record, my firearm was not presented along with the request.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by 38SnubFan View Post

Tonight, I made a stop at the CVS on Derry St. No problems whatsoever.

Even made a stop at 7-Eleven up the road for coffee. Friend of mine who is a police officer in Swatara Township noticed the gun on the hip and didn't confront me on it. Considering he's the acting Sergeant right now; if there was a problem with it, I'd hear about it.

I think the "fear" of people carrying is starting to fade. I think the media is slowly losing its "all guns are bad" grip on the American public and citizens are realizing to think for themselves and that the more intelligent of us are going to make the means to defend ourselves readied and that there will be those of us who don't feel the need to conceal it, but rather to do it with pride.

BTW, this is my first post here. I'm very glad to have found a "local" forum and look forward to the great conversaion I seem to have already found browsing these forums.

All the best,
    -38SnubFan
    Do you have your PA Act 235 certification? If not, I'd rethink carrying on the job.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast