Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default If you are CC does it have to stay 100 percent concealed? And some random rhetorics.

What are the laws regarding concealed percentage. If parts of the firearm are showing due to clothing malfunction is that ok? If its concealed carry does it need to stay completely concealed during carry. With that being said if you are OC but have LTC and it gets slightly covered are their repercussions? I know when I was in VA the firearm had to be condition one at all times when you were carrying, is that the case here in pa. I have my semi auto with no round in chamber, is that allowed? Just some questions.
    Always Stay Vigilant.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: If you are CC does it have to stay 100 percent concealed? And some random rhetori

As long as you have a valid LTCF, it doesn't matter if it's concealed, revealed, printing, etc. Reference the sticky at the top of this forum for info on where you can not carry.
    Regarding carrying chambered vs. unchambered, carry how you wish. Chambered's how I prefer to carry but to each their own and the state has no say in it.

(Chester County)

Default Re: If you are CC does it have to stay 100 percent concealed? And some random rhetori

Quote Originally Posted by acbird0311 View Post
    What are the laws regarding concealed percentage. If parts of the firearm are showing due to clothing malfunction is that ok? If its concealed carry does it need to stay completely concealed during carry. With that being said if you are OC but have LTC and it gets slightly covered are their repercussions? I know when I was in VA the firearm had to be condition one at all times when you were carrying, is that the case here in pa. I have my semi auto with no round in chamber, is that allowed? Just some questions.
    With a LTCF you can go from OC to CC to any where in between without worry.

As for your chambered round question- You can carry fully loaded with or without one in the chamber. You could carry a completly empty gun if you wanted to. (may as well be empty if there isn't one in the chamber at all times, IMHO. )

(Philadelphia County)

You can oc or cc with a ltcf.

When I cc, half of my gun usally sticks out past my hoodie or coat. No issues. You could duck tape a pistol to your face and still not break any laws. So no worries.

Carry with one in the chamber. With out a bullet in the chamber your carrying a paper weight.

If you put yourself into a self defense situation, your other hand and arm are going to be your first line of defense against an attack.

I know when I was in VA the firearm had to be condition one at all times when you were carrying, is that the case here in pa. I have my semi auto with no round in chamber, is that allowed?
    Are you saying that a carried firearm MUST have a round in the chamber in Virginia?

Condition 1 (for a semiauto pistol) is:

Magazine inserted
    Slide forward
    Round in chamber
    Hammer down (on a double-action pistol)
    Safety engaged

If so, can you provide a citation for this requirement? I can't imagine that Virginia wouldn't let you carry a "Condition 2" pistol - magazine inserted, slide forward, chamber empty, hammer down, safety engaged. In any case, there is no requirement in Pennsylvania regarding the condition of your firearm. You may carry it loaded (with a round in the chamber or chamber empty), or unloaded if you choose.

(Jefferson County)

I seriously doubt there is any law requiring that in VA considering there are guns out there that are lawful to carry in VA that are better off being carried unchambered. In fact, I cant find such a law anywhere in VA's statutes requiring that.

--

When you get a license to drive, do you lose your right to walk without a license? ..no. With a LTCF in PA you can still carry under your rights openly, or under your privilege concealed. OC'n is unregulated and not illegal(outside of Philly and not during an emergency), having a license doesn't create a burden of having to conceal it. The license only exempts you from the law against concealing.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Well civilians, welcome to the world of Military...service members bringing with them half known laws from whereever they are from and just assume all states have the same laws...and one day, in CL's world, all people were inprinted with knowledge and no assumptions about anything.

Here's some hints...and I can't speak for any other branch of service but the Army doesn't use Condition anything in respect to weapons status, we use colors. So when speaking condtion 1,2, 3, 4, or 1000000, be advised that only a select group of people will have any idea what you are talking about. Most non veterans have no idea what you are speaking of either. General plain speak is best.
    I only learned Marine speak from a 15 month tour in An Bar and all that gobbly gook talk Marines use for whatever reason.

Second, Never assume anything.

No state that issues LTCF or CCW's requires you to carry said firearm unloaded. To me, any firearm that does not have a round in the Chamber, is an unloaded firearm and therefore, a useless weapon.

Best of luck in with carrying in PA...

CL
    Last edited by customloaded; February 6th, 2010 at 05:25 PM.

(Blair County)

I dont think he meant condition 1 as in military term for condition one, i think he meant out of the conditions he described about concealment because when I was in VA it was the same , a concealed weapon had to stay concealed. If it was seen you could be charged. VA did have brandishing. I dont know if they still do but back in the 90s they did.

(Montgomery County)

As stated, in PA you can OC or CC. But the idea of what percentage constitutes concealed makes no sense. If I can see your firearm (even a little piece of it) its not concealed!

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

ETA: Condition 1 is popular "Col. Cooper-speak". He may have employed it because he was a Marine, but half the world has no clue other than that they read it in a gun magazine.
    Last edited by PA Traveler; February 7th, 2010 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    I dont think he meant condition 1 as in military term for condition one, i think he meant out of the conditions he described about concealment because when I was in VA it was the same , a concealed weapon had to stay concealed. If it was seen you could be charged. VA did have brandishing. I dont know if they still do but back in the 90s they did.
    va is an open carry state as far as i know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast