Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Review of my Ruger SR9

i have one, the two tone full size one, and love it. It shoots well, is reliable and fits my hand well. I got it in LNIB condition for $325! I'm saving up for one of the compact models too!

the only real gripe i have with it is the loaded chamber indicator. It's like a semaphore flag sticking up out of the slide! really hurts the aesthetics of the gun. it's also visible to others, probably not a problem, but it does tickle the "what if" monkey living in the back of my head.
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Philadelphia County)

I want one, itll make a great addition to my LCP

(Centre County)

I love my SR9c. Black on black, which I like, mostly for aesthetics, but I like it enough that it's my carry gun. Went in looking for a Glock, came out with one of these.Haven't looked back once.

The only problem I noticed with the SR9c is that it has a massive recoil when compared to the SR9. I think this is because I have large hands and a weak pinky, so the mag extension floorplate doesn't help me as much as it helps others. I've never had a problem with the loaded chamber indicator either, as it's angled so that it doesn't catch on my holster.

Default Ruger SR9c Review

A review of the SR9c is in work at Gunsumer Reports and you can see it by going to this link. Lots of great photos.

http://www.gunsumerreports.com/review_ruger_sr9c_p1.php

Checkout part 3.

(Centre County)

Currently doing the ruger tango...
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

(Carbon County)

not so sure that they corrected the peening issue with this gun. i still read on the ruger forums that the issue is still present, that has been whats been holding me back on getting one.

Bought myself a black-on-black SR9 a couple weeks ago, have been very happy with it. Only about 600 rounds through it so far though.

It just fits really nicely into my hand and feels like it belongs there. I bought it because I needed something to carry while my .45 is in for repair, and I wanted to add a 9mm to my collection. It carries very nicely as well.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by kel ruger man View Post
    not so sure that they corrected the peening issue with this gun. i still read on the ruger forums that the issue is still present, that has been whats been holding me back on getting one.
    Get out and buy one
    Have over 2500 rounds through mine since Jan this year, no "peening" and has not missed a beat, by far my favorite gun, just so sweet to shoot well

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by kel ruger man View Post
    I wouldn't be too concerned about it. My SR9c has had about 4000 rounds through it, and I didn't even notice any peening until I went and looked for it just now. There is a barely visible edge on one of the barrel flanges, and one that's not visible to the naked eye on the front of the hood. Rather than typical peening, it feels more like the edge was sharpened. This hasn't caused any operation error. And let me be frank: I abuse this gun more than I'd like to admit.

I've had 15 failures to fire, and one failure to eject with this gun over its entire lifetime. The FTE was user error. Six FTFs were faulty primers (I pulled the primer and found no anvil) and 9 were legitimate light-primer strikes. These last 9 can likely be attributed to buildup in the gun, as they occurred somewhere about round 220 in last week's "extended range time". We'll find out if the gunk I scraped off the striker fixed that the next time I take it out.

It fits in my hand better than a Glock, conceals as well as any compact, and points as naturally as a finger. Based solely on my own experience, I'd suggest it.

(Washington County)

Hello fellow Ruger SR9 owners. Found a great deal on Viridian lasers for The ruger SR9. I bought mine already you cant beat the deal. Not sure how long there going to have it but ehre is the link. http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/...__RUGER_S.aspx

I ordered mine OCt 7,2011 I had it by Oct 11, 2011.
    150$ for a brand new viridian laser for the Ruger SR9 how can you go wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123