Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Maryland trying to ban ownership of "assault weapons"

NY ignores FOPA and other laws protecting gun owners, so MD probably figures they can too. Why MD tolerates the anti gun political complex is quite befuddling, honestly. They're between VA and PA...what the heck went wrong? (Other than lack of state constitutional RKBA protection.)
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Schuylkill County)

What went wrong was urbanization of most of the state, which equals more liberal lawmakers, which equals anti-gun sentiment. "If we don't ban X then our kids are going to be slaughtered." And the sun rises and sets in their kid's bunghole's down here, trust me. It's horrible.

(Dauphin County)

ITs because of the little District called Washington and the horrible crime in Bmore and PG county. I grew up in Maryland and I would say the majority of people in MD are against the severe gun control problem. THey just cant vote for the right idiots, thats why I refuse to live there anymore.
    Always Stay Vigilant.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by vette97 View Post
    What went wrong was urbanization of most of the state, which equals more liberal lawmakers, which equals anti-gun sentiment. "If we don't ban X then our kids are going to be slaughtered." And the sun rises and sets in their kid's bunghole's down here, trust me. It's horrible.
    True that.

I spent a gazillion months in between Rockville and Monty Village in the early 80's (man have things changed! cornfields to office parks!) and noted the yuppie kingdom all around.

As a parent I can understand (but can't neccesarily condone) the reactionary - but it gets to irrationality; like suspending an 8yr old from school 'cause he brought a Lego toy soldier with a pistol to school.

Then its time to get a grip on reality.

In any event; you can almost pass any law in this nation if you can somehow tie it to "it's for the children!!" or "cops are dying!!".

With enough propaganda, you can probably pass a law allowing dying cops to shoot and eat children if it could save them. Or vice-versa.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Apparently some politicians do listen. The bill has been withdrawn.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=5412

This means I can still bring my AR15 down here once I buy it.

(Lancaster County)

Urbanization doesn't have to mean leftism. That's a cop out and it needs to stop. There is no excuse or reason for liberalism; the idea that it is a forgone conclusion needs to be dropped. We need to ramp up efforts to convey that gun ownership via right of self defense is relevant to everyone, that the 2nd Amendment comes in colors other than camo. Gun rights isn't a left and right issue, it's a right and wrong issue.
    Last edited by Yellowfin; February 17th, 2010 at 02:36 PM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Northampton County)

they forgot the STG 556. lol
    Let them take arms

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    That list looks copied from PRNJ, right down to "(15) Colt AR-15, CAR-15, and all imitations except Colt AR-15 Sporter H-BAR rifle"
    Maryland has considered "assault rifles" restricted weapons for many years. They came up with the list of rifles that need to be processed like handguns.

The HBAR was specifically excluded because of the power of the gun lobby and the Maryland State Rifle Team. Eventually, the State Police decided to include any AR-15 with a heavy barrel no matter the manufacturer even though it doesn't say that on the list.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Urbanization doesn't have to mean leftism. That's a cop out and it needs to stop. There is no excuse or reason for liberalism; the idea that it is a forgone conclusion needs to be dropped. We need to ramp up efforts to convey that gun ownership via right of self defense is relevant to everyone, that the 2nd Amendment comes in colors other than camo. Gun rights isn't a left and right issue, it's a right and wrong issue.
    Correct, urbanization doesn't have to mean leftism. There are plenty of states in the US where urban areas are not primarily liberal. However, as one poster said, this state has transitioned from rural to urban in less than 2 decades. That population is anti-gun and primarily liberal. Thus, my correlation for this state. We don't tolerate the anti-gun political complex, it's voted in by the new population of primarily liberal anti-gun voters who have practically taken over the state, and who weren't here 3 decades ago.

A good friend of mine, who decided to get into shooting, was practically shunned by his parents (long after he became an adult) because he wanted to get into the sport. Shortly after that, word spread that he was a firearm owner and neighborhood parents told their children not to go near that house. He was branded as a killer and ended up moving out of Columbia, MD.
    Last edited by vette97; February 17th, 2010 at 08:30 PM.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by nightglider View Post
    Apparently some politicians do listen. The bill has been withdrawn. http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=5412
    This means I can still bring my AR15 down here once I buy it.
    I honestly believe they are abandoning this bill because the other bill on the table is more restrictive. The Gun Safety Act of 2010...

http://www.resistnet.com/group/maryl...y-introduces-2
    Last edited by vette97; February 17th, 2010 at 08:28 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456