Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Johnstown Wal-Mart

So get this, apperently the Wal-Mart in Johnstown will ask you to leave if you oc there, hell from what i have been told by other marines in my unit, they find out your carrying either cc or oc they will ask you to leave.
    USMC SGT
    UH-1N Crewchief

"I bring the death from above"

(Berks County)

Default Re: Johnstown Wal-Mart

Quote Originally Posted by USMC SGT View Post
    So get this, apperently the Wal-Mart in Johnstown will ask you to leave if you oc there, hell from what i have been told by other marines in my unit, they find out your carrying either cc or oc they will ask you to leave.
    It's private property; they have the right to ask anyone to leave for ANY reason, not just for OC or CC. The solution: concealed means concealed. Keep it that way and there's no worries.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Perry County)

Like ChamberedRound said...it is their right as a business. It is also your right as a citizen to not spend your money there. OR...as Chambered also suggested, concealed. What they don't know certainly can't hurt them.
    Dave G.

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed."

-Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, Special Assistant to DC Police Chief; President, Black Police Caucus, The Washington Post, March 22, 1996

FN Herstal FNP-9M 9mm compact
    Taurus model 85 .38 special

(Cambria County)

oh i always CC there but its like what the hell, i wanted to OC there cause my wife and i go there with my daughter almost every other day, its about the best thing here in Johnstown. oh well guess i gotta OC everywere else and just keep my IWB holster with me incase we go there so i can still carry. i hate going out and not carrying.
    USMC SGT
    UH-1N Crewchief

(Perry County)

Another idea would be to test the waters. I could not judge by your wording in the original post whether this happened to you or if it was something you were told.

Obviously, you are comfortable with OC elsewhere so you could always try it at Walmart. The worst they can do is ask you to leave. If they do, you should leave immediately with NO arguement or words whatsoever. That way, if the police were called, there is no chance of a disorderly conduct, trespassing or other charge.

The one thing I would do in that position is politely ask them..."you do know that OC is legal, don't you?" and offer up some written information regarding OC (such as PApatriot's tri-fold).
    Dave G.

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed."

-Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, Special Assistant to DC Police Chief; President, Black Police Caucus, The Washington Post, March 22, 1996

FN Herstal FNP-9M 9mm compact
    Taurus model 85 .38 special

(Cambria County)

no hasn't happened to me yet but it happened to some guys at my unit, they were CC and i guess an employee bumped into one and felt the sidearm under his shirt and told the management and then they were asked to leave. yeah i figured i would give it a try and if they ask me to leave just leave and get my IWB holster and go back in with my wife. they can't legaly search me for my sidearm so they would never know i have it.
    USMC SGT
    UH-1N Crewchief

(Cambria County)

I've OC'd in that WalMart, no problems yet. The worst they can do is ask you to leave, (don't refuse or you're guilty of trespassing), THEN you can contact corporate, file a complaint and get the wheels moving. The first couple of times I did it in there (admittedly, late at night), I was kinda hoping they'd toss me out so I'd have standing in a fight over the issue to clarify it once and for all.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/579.html
    http://www.reachtheworld.net/media/W...olicy_Call.MP3

This was floating around for some time though, but the way it is written, they could not have justifiably told your friend to leave if they bumped into him and felt it.
    The following is our policy......If a Wal-Mart customer has been awarded a concealed handgun license by the state government, Wal-Mart will follow the direction of the state. However, if at anytime while on Wal-Mart property, that customer's concealed weapon becomes visible to Wal-Mart associates or customers, Wal-Mart reserves the right to ask the customer to either reposition the weapon so that it will not be visible, to remove the weapon completely or to leave Wal-Mart property, With the exception of law enforcement personnel, Wal-Mart does not allow any exposed weapons to be worn or carried in public view on Wal-Mart property or in Wal-Mart stores. Customers other than law enforcement personnel wearing or carrying a weapon in an exposed manner will be asked to leave the property immediately."

Home Depot has their policy in writing:
    http://www.tennesseefirearms.com/law...s/homedepo.pdf
    Last edited by NineseveN; August 24th, 2007 at 02:46 PM.

(Luzerne County)

I've heard stories about Wal*Mart kicking people out for OC/CC.
    Speaking of which I find it strange how many people have had the "bumped into my strong-side" experience. I've seen this posted at least a couple other times on various forums... I think mostly it's tall tales. How did they know it was not a cell phone they bumped into? I have never had that happen in 16 years of daily CC. Two times I remember someone "bumping" me in the right spot. Neither one knew what it was.

Regardless...
    I rarely shop at wal-mart but the last three times I've been in there I OC'd and not one word was said. Even while asking employees for assistance. FWIW.

(Cambria County)

who knows Nin, we will see after the first when i get my new OWB Kydex Holster, looks like i am going to get a Sepra from SGD, tried one today during lunch and really like it, though i will have to see how it fits my 1911 since i have both extended mag release and extended thumb safeties installed on it. oh and Nin you have probably seen my jeep around town, i am the only one with a 4x2 Jeep with California Plates.
    USMC SGT
    UH-1N Crewchief

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC SGT View Post
    who knows Nin, we will see after the first when i get my new OWB Kydex Holster, looks like i am going to get a Sepra from SGD, tried one today during lunch and really like it, though i will have to see how it fits my 1911 since i have both extended mag release and extended thumb safeties installed on it. oh and Nin you have probably seen my jeep around town, i am the only one with a 4x2 Jeep with California Plates.
    Funny you say that, I think I HAVE seen your jeep. Can't miss mine...look for the 1911 oval sticker on the back of a Saturn VUE.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast