Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default terrible experience with walmart ammo purchase

hey guys, had a TERRIBLE experience at the walmart in eddystone, pa tonight trying to buy 9mm ammo....if you can read my email i wrote to corporate and is there anything else i can do? needless to say there was a lot of 9mm ammo and i walked out with nothing. thanks for your time guys

In the email I wrote:

Hello, earlier this evening I attended the Walmart in Eddystone, Pa. I am a usual there as I love your sporting goods section and the fantastic prices on ammo at your stores. On average I spend at least $1,000-$2000 in your store at least a year and recommend your sporting goods section to many people. Unfortunately I had a very terrible experience at your store in Eddystone, Pa. The younger man who runs the section back there is ALWAYS on his Ipod and clearly does not want to be bothered with any sort of work it appears to me. I have had multiple occurrences with this man. So I go in tonight and ask this man if he could get a few boxes of 9mm ammo for me. He rudely tells me he does not have the key. I say I understand and walk away to collect my thoughts. I then reapproach the man and nicely state that I have got ammo earlier last week from that store and they had the key but when I come to him he always says all keys for the ammo are lost. He responds rudely that he guesses people are irresponsible for losing "his" keys and there's nothing he can do. I approach other employees and I have to say 90% of them have the same attitude. On my way out I was about to approach the manager but he seemed so busy with trying to get the cashiers to do their jobs I figured it would have been rude of me to stress him out in another way. I am just writing to state that the customer service in your Eddystone, Pa store, sorry for my language, sucks. If this service continues I will need to start shopping elsewhere and start referring people elsewhere as well. Thank you for your time and I hope someone from corporate can solve the severely poor customer service situation there, especially in the sporting goods section since every time I go there I feel like I am really hassling people.

Default Re: terrible experience with walmart ammo

Standby, I'll edit that for you and repost in a bit.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    Standby, I'll edit that for you and repost in a bit.
    Thank you.

(Chester County)

was my message not clear enough?

(Chester County)

wow nvm i am all over the place...half asleep tonight just wanted to send something while it was fresh in my mind...any advice guys?

Walmart HQ Address

Your Response Address

To Whom It May Concern,

I am a regular Walmart patron; I particularly enjoy your sporting goods section and the fantastic prices on ammunition at your stores. I budget at least $1,000-$2,000 for expenditure in your stores each year and routinely recommend your sporting goods section to friends and family. Earlier this evening, February 3, 2010, I called on your retail location in Eddystone, Penssylvania. Unfortunately, this was a very troubling visit. The young man who often attends to the sporting goods counter seems to always be distracted by his iPod and clearly does not want to be bothered with the needs of his customers. I have had several poor encounters with this employee. Tonight I approached the sporting goods counter and asked this particular employee if he would be able retrieve a few boxes of ammunition for me from the locked case; the employee rudely replied, “I don’t have the key,” and offered no solution or help of any kind. I replied, telling him that I understood, and walked away for a minute to consider how I might obtain the item. I returned to the counter and inquisitively stated that I had been able to purchase ammunition earlier last week, from this same store, and that they had the key, but very often when he is present to assist me he claims that all keys for the ammunition case are lost. Rudely, he replied, “I guess people are irresponsible and lose my keys. There is nothing I can do.” I approached other employees, confused by his response, and a majority of them seemed to have the same poor attitude, that is, “It’s not my problem.” On my way out of the store, without making a purchase, I wanted to approach the manager but he seemed very busy mitigating issues with the cashiers. I did not wish to be rude in interrupting him.

I am writing, in part, because it seems that the management at this location is largely ineffective at recognizing or resolving this customer service condition. If the lack of service continues I will, simply, be forced to shop elsewhere. In addition to not being able to procure the items that I need, I dislike being made to feel as if I am inconveniencing employees by requesting that they meet my simple needs. I thank you for your time and consideration in this matter. I and the shooting community await your prompt response.
    Best Regards,

Edited for grammar, spelling and content. You are free to work on it more and repost. I tried to communicate all of your points in a non-confrontational, professional manner.

OK...I think I'm done editing my post....
    Last edited by emsjeep; February 4th, 2010 at 02:04 AM.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by c_brutsche View Post
    was my message not clear enough?
    It was horribly written. Few businesses pay attention to poorly written messages.

Edited because Jeepster beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    It was horribly written. Few businesses pay attention to poorly written messages.

Edited because Jeepster beat me to it.
    LOL...kinda harsh. It did need some cleaning. Yours was fine too. You could post it as an example of different ways to express the same thought.

My points would be:
    Don't insult employees.
    Quote what was said to you.
    Short, sweet and to the point. (Individual sentences and the whole thing.)
    Refer to people (even bad employees in a respectful manner. By name if possible, Mr./Mrs. xxxxx, or simply "employee, manager etc.")
    Last edited by emsjeep; February 4th, 2010 at 02:24 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    LOL...kinda harsh. It did need some cleaning. Yours was fine too. You could post it as an example of different ways to express the same thought.
    Alas, it has been sent to the bit bucket.

My points would be:
    Don't insult employees.
    Quote what was said to you.
    Short, sweet and to the point. (Individual sentences and the whole thing.)
    Refer to people (even bad employees0 in a respectful manner.
    Good points all.

(Monroe County)

I have the same Problem at the Walmart supercenter out here in east Stroudsburd Monroe co., I spend about $900 a month there so i'm always there because they are open 24/7 , you can never find any in the sporting goods dept. and when you do they are disinterested and can never get a hold of the ammo keys, one guy that "work" nights are the worst, he dont want nothing to do with the customers.

The girl that work in the morning is great and will be the first to approach you and ask if you need help and she ALWAYS have the Keys, how come the other guy never has the keys?
    This same guy tried to convince me that buying a BB gun is the same as buying a real gun and started shaking and getting nervous because i'm making him handle a "gun" by selling it to me, .

Last year they had a lovely Berreta 390 shotgun at a good price , but i missed out on the gun because everytime i go there to get it i run into the same guy.

SAdly Walmart dont give a rat's ass about customer service , they dont make money through customer loyalty , they make money through volume, they dont care.

Now i buy all my Guns and ammo from my regular dealer, they love to sell Guns and Ammo, screw Walmart.
    Nyman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast