Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Shootin with dad

So yesterday I got a bug up my ass and wanted to go shooting, it was cold I was bored, and had nobody to go with. So in the morning I called the ol man and asked if he wanted to go, he jumped on the oppertunity! I owed it to him because this summer I bought my first house and hes helped me and my fiance with SOOO much around here. These last couple weeks Ive been down about alot of things and vented it, and bitched at my dad about some stuff. He got pretty upset with me and I felt horrible for taking my problems out on him. So I loaded up a few guns and he finally brought out his 10/22 he built like 5 years ago that he never shot (built it to go shooting with me, and the asshole kid that I am I havent spent as much quality time with him as I should). So we get to the range and after about 20 minutes of plinking around he has it 0'd in. I had setup one of those .22 dueling trees to play around with that he bought me for x-mas. So we started going back and forth and he was kickin my ass I was like WTF. We were shooting @ 50yds and it was a blast. It was nice to get out with him and show him how much I appreciated him taking the time with me as I was growing up to show me the basics and fundamentals of shooting! You have all of these organizations trying to ban every weapon under the sun and moon, but they dont see the other side of what fun and meaning they have on occasions like these. We had a really good time BS'n and plinking 100s of rimfires down range..... He took the target paper home to rub it in to my mom that he out shot me with a gun he has never fired before (look mommy) LOL. Were not pros but it was nice to see a fresh .22 putting 10rds in a hole that you could cover with a quarter. All and all its days like these that make a father and son happy! Just thought Id share my good time!

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Shootin with dad

Nice

I hope you can improve your relationship with your family and spend more time doing fun stuff with them.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Nice

I hope you can improve your relationship with your family and spend more time doing fun stuff with them.
    Yea its so far so good, he helped me put a new exhaust on my car that broke when we were going shooting and tomorrow he volunteered to help me start re-modeling my bathroom. He just had knee surgery so he by no means should be helping but he wants to. I guess I take advantage of the fact that I have parents willing to do anything for me, and it burns me up inside when Im a dick to them. I hate knowing that my dad feels obligated to help me out just so maybe in return I will hang out with him, but what he doesnt know is that I love spending time with both of my parents! Its hard to express feelings to another guy ya know. After we were done yesterday all he talked about on the ride home was building another gun and going shooting with me more often. I know this isnt a place to express feelings and what not but it really had me thinking.
    Ive learned a ton of information off of this board and it got me back into shooting and that is now rubbing off on the ol man again. So I think that in of itself is enough for me to realize that well to me atleast, guns to play a positive role in lives and shouldnt be chastised by so many people. Thank god for the people in this country and the strong people on this board that fight and do something about our rights as citizens!

(Bucks County)

Today I went to the funeral of my best friends dad and I watched my 30 year old friend wish that he had even one more minute with him. It showed me that I have to spend more quality time with my dad. Rep to you for being another good reminder of this.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ddefazio View Post
    Today I went to the funeral of my best friends dad and I watched my 30 year old friend wish that he had even one more minute with him. It showed me that I have to spend more quality time with my dad. Rep to you for being another good reminder of this.
    I know how that goes. I visited my pap (rest in peace) after I dropped my dad off yesterday because I was just in that mood. It hurt bad because he taught me alot about life and he used to take me shooting as a kid (damnit pap now im stuck rubbing red-seal) he'd give me a pinch of that too . But since his passing it has brought my dad and I alot closer and today we were talking about some of the stupid stuff that they got into when he was a kid. Its nice knowing that we have alot of things in common and were starting to touch base again. I hope we have many many range trips together!