Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Unhappy EMP = Disappointment

Well, I finally got my EMP on Wednesday. I ran about 350 rounds through it so far.

The first time I tried to put a magazine in it wouldn’t go in unless the magazine release button was pressed. hmm Magazine release button broken (I thought this was standard until I called SA)

Then I rack the slide to chamber my first round. It failed to feed!!!

I then continue to fire the next 150 rounds through it and the slide never locked back on the empty magazines.
    In total I experienced about 3 jams out of 350 rounds (that’s not too bad since it needs to be broken in)

I then get home and I am cleaning the gun. I cock the hammer back and let it go before it gets to the final cock notch and it slips right passed the half cock notch and hits the firing pin!!! Grrrr another broken part.

So after waiting 2 months for my EMP it is now on its way back to SA for repairs! I don’t understand how a $1050 gun gets sent out without any QA what-so-ever.

On a positive note, the gun feels great and it is very accurate so I am sure I will enjoy it once it’s back in working condition.

(Berks County)

Default Re: EMP = Disappointment

SteveXD,

Sorry to hear about all the trouble you've been experiencing with your new EMP. I am seriously thinking about getting one too, but I think I'll do some research first and maybe check out other forums that provide information about this particular firearm. And thank you for sharing.

Take care,

rand

(Westmoreland County)

Sorry about your troubles...but maybe it was a friday gun! It seems that every company turns out a lemon sooner or later. I wouldn't hold it against the EMP in general...you may have just had the luck to get that lemon!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Chester County)

I agree and I know SA makes some great pistols. It just sucks when you get one! I think when it comes back I will be VERY happy with it and I would still recomend the gun just based on the short amount of time with it.

(Philadelphia County)

Last Springfield i played with was a TRP Operator. I got 2 FTF and a stovepipe over the course of 50 rounds. Short story is 1911's tend to need work out of the box and the micro-compacts do more so than the full size guns.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    Last Springfield i played with was a TRP Operator. I got 2 FTF and a stovepipe over the course of 50 rounds. Short story is 1911's tend to need work out of the box and the micro-compacts do more so than the full size guns.
    Whoa, maybe I should think twice before buying the EMP!

rand

(Philadelphia County)

no one think i'm just bashing here either. It's like Harley Davidson vs Honda. The Harley is going to be in and out of the shop its entire life and cost you a small fortune in maintenance, but the Honda is still not a Harley.

SteveXD,

I think you are going to be fine. You've got the right attitude. From what I hear once Springfield goes over it and you've got some rounds on it, which you do, you should be fine. I know the feeling, for $1,000 plus it should not have to go back.

"Green"

(Delaware County)

Sorry to hear about your problems and hope Sprinfield makes it right for you. Is it just me or does anyone else think that if you pay that much money for a pistol, it should be perfect out of the box. We wouldn't stand for it if we bought a new lawn mower and it didn't work. Why do we forgive the gun manufacturers for their poor workmanship? Pardon the rant but I just don't get it! I was looking at the EMP but after reading about the problems others have had on this and other forums, I think I'm gonna look elsewhere.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by glassman View Post
    Sorry to hear about your problems and hope Sprinfield makes it right for you. Is it just me or does anyone else think that if you pay that much money for a pistol, it should be perfect out of the box. We wouldn't stand for it if we bought a new lawn mower and it didn't work. Why do we forgive the gun manufacturers for their poor workmanship? Pardon the rant but I just don't get it! I was looking at the EMP but after reading about the problems others have had on this and other forums, I think I'm gonna look elsewhere.
    I agree whole heartedly. The manufacturers ought to be held to a high standard. In most any other industry a poor quality record would put you out of business.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast