Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Taking Preemptive Action

i decided, a few days ago, to drop in on our friends at Ceasefire PA and Heeding God's Call, Bryan Miller's latest abortion. i'm sure a few of you were annoyed with me when i sent them out as friend suggestions.

i had a good reason, at least to me. these groups, and other anti-gun groups, like to gather 'round in front of gun shops, and protest...well, whatever it is they protest. i think it would be a good idea to face them head-on, and do our best to disrupt their actions, by legal means. by that, i mean walking right by them, and helping the stores make money that the other groups want them to lose.

if anyone lives in Philly, i ask you follow this link, get involved with these groups, and gather as much intel as you can. the following link shows that they're planning to stage protests in front of two shops in Philly, Delia's, and Mike & Kate's:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Philad...5819633?ref=mf

if you live in or near Philly, i think it would be in your best interests to counter their movements, even if it's just to buy a box of ammo. just walk past them, and show them we won't be bullied by irrational nonsense.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Taking Preemptive Action

I approve of this thread.

If anybody lives in NorthEast Philadelphia, and would like to support either of these shops on protest day, but don't have a way to get to them; PM me and I'll do my best to give you a ride there and back.

Also, can anybody elaborate a little on what constitutes recommended and legal counter-protest?
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Lackawanna County)

i think that simply allowing the shops to go about their busines as usual would be a good counter-protest. these idiots are going there to disrupt their businesses, so we should make sure they don't. i'd save up money you were planning on using for future purchases, and wait to spend it until the protest day. whether it's an AR15, or just a box of ammo, buy it on those days.

I don't live in Philly any longer, but I'm there fairly often (mainly on weekends.) Mike & Kate's Sports Shop is about 2 miles from my parents' house. Bought my very first firearm there

I'll subscribe to this thread to keep abreast of any details about when they may be picketing/clucking/baaaa-ing outside of Mike & Kate's. If I'm in the Philly area, I'd be more than happy to go in there and exercise my rights with my pistol in plain view on my hip.

(Philadelphia County)

I became a fan of that group. Power to the people!
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

(Montgomery County)

I would be interested in helping with this. Please keep me posted as to when and where since I am not a facebooker.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Now that I've planted that idea, let's take it down before the enemy sees it.)
    Last edited by GunLawyer001; February 4th, 2010 at 02:43 AM.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lackawanna County)

Last edited by jahwarrior72; February 4th, 2010 at 02:45 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

here's an email i received today:

Dear Alex,

Thanks for your communication! We are just getting ready to announce another long term witness in front of a gun shop in Kensington. I'll add you to our email list right now and you will get an announcement about this tonight or tomorrow.

Glad to have you in this movement with us! I look forward to meeting you soon :-)

In Faith & Friendship,

Therese

Therese Miller

HEEDING GOD’S CALL

Coordinating Committee

Inspiring Hope, Raising Voices, Taking Action to End Gun Violence

info@HeedingGodsCall.org

267-519-5302 (voice mail)

570-847-8987 (mobile)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Also, can anybody elaborate a little on what constitutes recommended and legal counter-protest?
    I'd say just OC (assuming you have a PA LTCF or reciprocal CCW) and ignore them. Be clean-cut and respectful. They're obviously lunatics, as has been demonstrated before. I think it would be better for our side to be seen as the calm, rational one.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast