Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Taking Preemptive Action

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    ...and you happen to know this because....?
    The owner is my Uncle. We are a close family and will stand behind him 150%

Quote Originally Posted by Malocka View Post
    The owner is my Uncle. We are a close family and will stand behind him 150%
    Loyalty is good. Shilling is bad. The best practice, to stay really well into the safe zone, is to announce any affiliation that you have with the subject of your praise, then everyone can evaluate your statements in that context.

And I agree that everyone who can, should show support for your uncle against the false-flag "religious" front of Ceasefire-NJ.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks for your help and support!

It seems that Heeding Gods call is also against Freedom of Speech!! Last night I posted a comment under the name Vendela, surprise it was deleted this morning.
    I would like to clarify a few things that are on their face book page about the Shooter shop and my uncle.
    Heeding Gods call states that they have contacted Larry, I would say its more like harassed. Someone has been in the shop a few times a week, and while Larry has been polite he has refused to sign. So their tactics have changed, they are now harassing him on his own private phone, ranting about bogus criminal charges that will be brought against him if he doesn’t sign the “Code of Conduct” HGC have requested a face to face meeting, they sent a letter telling him to pick one of 2 dates on the letter and if he didn’t pick one they would pick it for him.
    When questioned about this database they would like to Larry to purchase, hold on another shock, the comment was deleted. I don’t know about you but I am totally against some insane church group having ANY of my personal information. What would they do with it, protest in front of our homes?? In addition, who would be profiting from this database???? That is the real question. As most things in life it comes down to money!!!
    Heeding GODS? Call? It seems like extortion to me.

I would like to thank everyone who has rallied to our side in support and look forward to meeting all of you on Saturday!

DON’T TREAD ON ME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Malocka View Post
    Heeding GODS? Call?
    You need to understand that there is a huge difference between spiritual and religious people on one side, and God talkers on the other. Spiritual and religious people seek God, or whatever their belief system designates as the source of our Universe and Life, in order to advance themselves and to gain personal peace, wisdom and completeness.

God talkers attempt to derive divine authority from their belief system in order to advance their agenda, not themselves.

Once you understand that, you gain instant and deep respect for people of other faiths and realize, how insignificantly small these God talkers are on a spiritual scale.

Jan
    Last edited by MostlyHarmless; February 9th, 2010 at 01:57 PM.
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Holden23 View Post
    I don't understand why he doesn't just sign their silly code and throw it in the trash after they leave. It's not like it's legally binding or something. Making a big deal about not signing shows that he's at least taking them seriously. Signing it and tossing it 1000 times shows that they're a joke. He can even sign it with different cartoon names each time they come back. And frame them on his wall for fun. Or better yet, post them here.
    THAT is a good point. I imagine its a matter of principle.
    However, not signing their stupid code, allowed these jackasses to say things such as this..

Heeding God’s Call has asked the Shooter Shop to sign the Code of Conduct and adopt these responsible practices to save lives by reducing straw purchases. So far, the Shooter Shop has refused, preferring instead to look the other way and enjoy the profits.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

I don't understand why he doesn't just sign their silly code and throw it in the trash after they leave. It's not like it's legally binding or something. Making a big deal about not signing shows that he's at least taking them seriously. Signing it and tossing it 1000 times shows that they're a joke. He can even sign it with different cartoon names each time they come back. And frame them on his wall for fun. Or better yet, post them here.
    Some men take their word seriously, and will decline to sign any agreement they don't intend to honor. Forging a cartoon character's name doesn't imbue this strategy with honor.

ANY action by the FFL will be spun by these extortionist posers. The only good response is no response, ignore them. Gun owners won't boycott an FFL just because the people who are trying to deprive us of our rights are standing around.

If these jackasses want to wear a false flag of godliness and stand outside in 20 degree weather until the media show up, I'd let them. I'd also videotape every second of their presence, and prosecute every incitement to violence, every interference with contractual relations, every bit of harassment of staff and customers. If it were me, I'd have some very heavy temporary signs on the sidewalk (zoning permitting, of course) that would interfere with the usual configuration of protesters while allowing pedestrian traffic; maybe have a big sale that draws in a lot of extra buyers to overwhelm the bogus "church people".

My understanding of this is that some anti-gun loser in NJ is faking a sudden religious zeal, and formed a coalition in Pennsylvania of pathetic church groups from every unemployed graduate of on-line seminaries and every attention whore with a clerical collar that he could find. Some of the worst people I've met have been "ministers" (some of the best, too). Preaching is like teaching and drug rehab and youth counseling, careers that put you in a position of trust with vulnerable people, so predators are drawn to these careers like wolves to lost calves.

God wants you to have at least 2 weapons:

Luke 22:35-38

And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

So maybe I missed it, and forgive me if I did...fighting something harcore at the moment, what's in this "code of conduct"?

I would be very careful signing something that could possibly be considered a contract. Especially if it asks for sharing personal data of customers with church groups, that don't even disclose what they intend to do with that data.

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

(Philadelphia County)

The 10 points of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership are:

1. Videotaping the Point of Sale for All Firearms Transactions. Participating retailers will videotape the point-of-sale of all firearms transactions and maintain videos for 6 months to deter illegal purchases and monitor employees.

2. Computerized Prime Gun Trace Log and Alert System. Maors Against Illegal Guns will develop a computerized system that participating retailers will implement over time to log crime gun traces relating to the retailer. Once the program is in place, if a customer who has a prior trace at that retailer attempts to purchase a firearm, the sale will be electronically flagged. The retailer would have discretion to proceed with the sale or stop the sale.
    COMPUTER PROGRAM THEY WISH YOU TO PURCHASE FROM THEM!![COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]

3. Purchaser Declaration. For sales flagged by the trace alert system, participating retailers will ask purchasers to fill out a declaration indicating that they meet the legal requirement to purchase the firearm.
    MORE BULLSHIT, FROM THE DATA BASE

4. Deterring Fake IDs. Participating retailers will only accept valid federal- or state-issued picture IDs as primary identification. Retailers will utilize additional ID checking mechanisms.

5. Consistent Visible Signage. Participating retailers will post signage created by the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership to alert customers of their legal responsibilities at the point-of-sale.

6. Employee Background Checks. Participating retailers will conduct criminal background checks for all employees selling or handling firearms.

7. Employee Responsibility Training. Participating retailers will participate in an employee responsibility training program focused on deterring illegal purchasers. The Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership will create an online training system based on Wal-Martīs training program.

8. Inventory Checking. Participating retailers will conduct daily and quarterly audits. Guidelines will be based on Wal-Martīs existing audit procedures.

9. No Sales Without Background Check Results. Participating retailers would prohibit sales based on "default proceeds," which are permitted by law when background check has not returned a result within 3 days.

10. Securing Firearms. Participating retailers will maintain firearms kept in customer accessible areas in locked cases or locked racks.

Larry and the Shooter shop have been in business for over 20 years. You dont think the ATF would have taken him down by now, if he werent doing what was required by law??

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Some men take their word seriously, and will decline to sign any agreement they don't intend to honor. Forging a cartoon character's name doesn't imbue this strategy with honor.

ANY action by the FFL will be spun by these extortionist posers. The only good response is no response, ignore them. Gun owners won't boycott an FFL just because the people who are trying to deprive us of our rights are standing around.

If these jackasses want to wear a false flag of godliness and stand outside in 20 degree weather until the media show up, I'd let them. I'd also videotape every second of their presence, and prosecute every incitement to violence, every interference with contractual relations, every bit of harassment of staff and customers. If it were me, I'd have some very heavy temporary signs on the sidewalk (zoning permitting, of course) that would interfere with the usual configuration of protesters while allowing pedestrian traffic; maybe have a big sale that draws in a lot of extra buyers to overwhelm the bogus "church people".

My understanding of this is that some anti-gun loser in NJ is faking a sudden religious zeal, and formed a coalition in Pennsylvania of pathetic church groups from every unemployed graduate of on-line seminaries and every attention whore with a clerical collar that he could find. Some of the worst people I've met have been "ministers" (some of the best, too). Preaching is like teaching and drug rehab and youth counseling, careers that put you in a position of trust with vulnerable people, so predators are drawn to these careers like wolves to lost calves.

God wants you to have at least 2 weapons:

Luke 22:35-38

And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.
    I totally agree!!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast