Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Hows 183 these days

Just wondering might go shooting soon
    Last edited by Djnardu; February 3rd, 2010 at 01:17 PM.

The 'Burg-Northern Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Thumbs down Re: Hows 183 these days

Was disappointed today at the range here.................appears the PGC has closed the shotgun/clays area. Last time I was here was summer 2008. I stopped at the hunter supply in Hamlin to ask about the reason - they said PGC stated the site had too much lead - well duh it IS the shotgun range.

Dam shame too - my sons and nephews looked forward to busting a few clays while we're at the lake for the week.

Rifle and pistol ranges were open.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Hows 183 these days

That's weird was there a month or so ago maybe its closed for cleanup? Anybody have any more info?

(Pike County)

I was there last weekend. I got there at 8:00 not many people at this time. had a good time with my new rifle.

The shotgun area has been closed for I'm thinking 2 yrs. They got tired of cleaning up all the empty boxes of clays and shells. I only shoot here out of desperation. There are always a bunch of unsafe idiots. Most days I wind up leaving early when someone proves to be an idiot. I don't even say anything anymore, too many cocky city jackasses looking to start trouble or give you a big mouth. It is open. I just went Saturday and it was actually in pretty good shape. Good luck.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Lancaster County)

During the week, I live a few miles from there. I do my jogging through the adjacent SGL every weeknight. The range is definitely cleaned up vs. how it looked last winter. During the week, there are generally folks shooting but never more that 2-3.

(Pike County)

Actually it has been quite nice to shoot there lately. Both the PC and State Police have been stopping by and walking through.

It gets the word out to the idiots who bring their own backstops (Wire Wheels and such), and the city folk to CALM down as a simple call will have the troops here in minutes, not hours.

I also noticed that the Shotgun shooting on both the 25 and 50 yard range has been reduced somewhat. The backstops have actually been surviving over the w/e's. I am sure it will start picking up again as hunting season kicks in. Hope the rangers agressively keep up the patrols.

(Lackawanna County)

im gonna dig this up. Was out there a week or two ago and the 50 yard line and 25 are pretty rough. I actually walked over because my father in law wanted to shoot his carry pistol and we took one look and walked back to the car. Ill probably be making it out there agian this week with a new pistol to test out so hopefully its not so bad.

BTW the last two times Ive been there I have been asked for my permit by a WCO. It was nice to see the people with out of state plates is way down.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    im gonna dig this up. Was out there a week or two ago and the 50 yard line and 25 are pretty rough. I actually walked over because my father in law wanted to shoot his carry pistol and we took one look and walked back to the car. Ill probably be making it out there agian this week with a new pistol to test out so hopefully its not so bad.

BTW the last two times Ive been there I have been asked for my permit by a WCO. It was nice to see the people with out of state plates is way down.
    I was there Thursday. 100 yd range is the only one that is currently destroyed. It's great to see that all the money they are making with the new range permits is going to not fix the range. Once again the useless PGC can kiss my ass. Also when I was there it was still a bunch of retarded guidos from NYC.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I was there Thursday. 100 yd range is the only one that is currently destroyed. It's great to see that all the money they are making with the new range permits is going to not fix the range. Once again the useless PGC can kiss my ass. Also when I was there it was still a bunch of retarded guidos from NYC.
    wow so it was completely different than when I was there. I very rarely go to the other side and stick to the 100. Its too far for the gangsters to shoot. even the ones with ars and the like.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast