Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Kahr .380 vs Ruger LCP

Hey guys,

Was just wondering everyone's opinion between the 2. I got a LCP a couple months back thinking I woild only carry it when I didn't want to lug around the 9mm, so i though spending the extra money would be pointless. But to my surprise I carry much more often. I haven't ever handled the Kahr but it looks nice, and the sights seem to be a great improvement. Does anyone own this, and if so, how does it compare to the LCP. Thanks!
    "

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Kahr .380 vs Ruger LCP

The Kahr is more money but definitely worth it. The Kahr is built much better and will probably stand up much better to use over the years. The sights are WAY better than either the Kel Tec or Ruger 380. The trigger on the Kahr is fantastic for such a small pistol. Smooth pull all the way thru,
    Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    The Kahr is more money but definitely worth it. The Kahr is built much better and will probably stand up much better to use over the years. The sights are WAY better than either the Kel Tec or Ruger 380. The trigger on the Kahr is fantastic for such a small pistol. Smooth pull all the way thru,
    I never held one, but if a small .380 was going to be my daily carry I think I would spend the extra $ and go with the Kahr.

As you say the sights actually appear functional, and striker fired has to be a better trigger than the crap LCP/P3AT.

Maybe some day they will have a "CW" version.
    FUCK BIDEN

Check this issue of AR. They rate the Kahr very high, but you should put @ least 200rds before counting on it.

(Butler County)

I have handled both but only shot the LCP. The trigger is like night and day between the two. The sights are also much better on the Kahr. The Kahr feels slightly larger due to its blocky shape. Overall the Kahr seems to be better quality.
    That said, I cannot justify spending twice as much on something that I am going to throw in my pocket and let get beat up.
    But thats just me

(Philadelphia County)

I shot my dad's LCP this past weekend. It was the first time I shot a .380 and I noticed a couple of things. The trigger pull on the LCP takes some getting used to. Second, the sights are almost nonexistent. I had trouble putting a group together even at 30'. Another problem that I noticed is that when you chamber a round and release the slide, it doesn't always seat properly. I needed to rack the slide a couple of times for it to seat correctly. After about 30 rounds or so, I gave it back to my dad because my hand was getting sore. Not a fun gun to shoot by any stretch of the imagination.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

I can't say anything about the Kahr, but I have an LCP.

The sights would likely be useless in a self defense situation, but for target shooting work well enough. That being said, I find it very easy to shoot without even trying to use the sights. For it's intended use, it's very accurate at close range.

The trigger is a bit long and heavy, but I personally like that in a pocket gun with no safety. Having carried a S&W 642 for a while I'm used to long heavy triggers.

For me, it's great. But the reason I have it is for a close up point and shoot encounter.

(Bucks County)

Sig p238. Read shooting illustrated review of. 380.

The Kahrs are a much nicer pistol and built for the long haul, but if your going to spend that kind of money do yourself a favor and look at the Kahr PM9 before you the .380. It is really a joy to shoot and is not all that much bigger.
    The PM9 is the type of weapon you'll be passing down to one of your chldren. It just drips quality.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by swack View Post
    I have handled both but only shot the LCP. The trigger is like night and day between the two. The sights are also much better on the Kahr. The Kahr feels slightly larger due to its blocky shape. Overall the Kahr seems to be better quality.
    That said, I cannot justify spending twice as much on something that I am going to throw in my pocket and let get beat up.
    But thats just me
    I agree with you on the bolded statement!!

A lot of you gents are worried about the sights...but the LCP is definitely not a long range gun. Odds are, if you ever need it...you'll never look at the sights, you'll be point shooting from 3 feet away.

Kahr's are great quality guns...no doubt about that (had an MK9 for close to 10 years). Mine shot great, but I never liked it for carry...way too heavy for pocket carry and if I am going to carry a gun outside my pocket, it's going to have more capacity then the MK9 had.
    Last edited by RoyJackson; February 5th, 2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: expanded on the MK9 comment
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast