Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Allowing posting in the classifieds?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - It would be nice

14 25.45%
  • No - Leave it alone

41 74.55%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Classifieds

(Allegheny County)

Default Classifieds

I'm sure that this has been brought up before but any chance of changing the classifieds to where we can reply to posts?

I'm guessing that the replies are off because it opens up a to a potentially a lot more moderation.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

Default Re: Classifieds

I like it how it is, with the exception of a little more organization in the firearms area - a rifle, shotgun and pistol (maybe NFA) section would be killer so that if I'm looking for any of the above I dont have to weed through the other entries.

(Schuylkill County)

Really, I think what they could do if they do this, is just get one moderator to watch JUST the classifieds. Then it isn't so much work on the rest of the mods. Have someone just watch the fieds.

Just a thought
    III%

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    I like it how it is, with the exception of a little more organization in the firearms area - a rifle, shotgun and pistol (maybe NFA) section would be killer so that if I'm looking for any of the above I dont have to weed through the other entries.
    ^^^ Agree!

it would be better if people were buying
    FJB

(Chester County)

I also think it should be mandatory to post detailed pics of whatever you are selling. If its NIB provide a link describing the product for sale. I just viewed a few threads by the same poster that all had shit photos or none at all. It cost him a sale...

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    I also think it should be mandatory to post detailed pics of whatever you are selling. If its NIB provide a link describing the product for sale. I just viewed a few threads by the same poster that all had shit photos or none at all. It cost him a sale...
    I second this. I realize that some people may not be that IT gifted, but most should know how to post pics. There were quite a few items in the past that peaked my interest, but never pursued because of no photos.

Now, you may say "Why didn't you ask for any?"

Well,
    1.) It is not my responsibility to go to endless lengths... it is the sellers responsibility to sell the product to the customer. In which case, I do not want to be bothered. Show me what you are selling, so I can decide if it's worth my time.

2.) So many things grow into a pissing match on here. People don't pm back, or don't send you pics, etc. It is MUCH easier if the pics are right there for you to see.

And enough of this crap "I will post photos if you ask"... just do it. If you are willing to do it at request, you should do it in the OP. Save yourself, and everyone else hassle.
    III%

(Delaware County)

Do not allow posting to other people's ads. It just starts flame wars for price and comments. It is hard enough to read through and find the things you are looking for. As for the mandatory pictures? Then the lower tech users would never post their ad. If it's a bad picture, no picture, or the ad is written poorly? Then the item just won't sell. All of this is buyer beware anyway. Don't like it? Don't buy it.
    I have seen things vastly overpriced and I would send a polite message to the ad poster advising them to check around on their price. Example: $20 for 59 40S&W brass cases.
    It is a great service as it is now. Thanks Dan and mods!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    I second this. I realize that some people may not be that IT gifted, but most should know how to post pics. There were quite a few items in the past that peaked my interest, but never pursued because of no photos.

Now, you may say "Why didn't you ask for any?"

Well,
    1.) It is not my responsibility to go to endless lengths... it is the sellers responsibility to sell the product to the customer. In which case, I do not want to be bothered. Show me what you are selling, so I can decide if it's worth my time.

2.) So many things grow into a pissing match on here. People don't pm back, or don't send you pics, etc. It is MUCH easier if the pics are right there for you to see.

And enough of this crap "I will post photos if you ask"... just do it. If you are willing to do it at request, you should do it in the OP. Save yourself, and everyone else hassle.

I agree, obviously... The thing I am amazed at is that they aren't smart enough to realize that it will actually get the items sold. I guess with my sales background it drives me more nuts than others.

I can think of at least a dozen items that I would have purchased if the OP had simply taken the time to put together a proper ad. There is a pistol up now I would consider but once again no pics and I'll be damned if I am going to chase the guy down for them. Oddly the ad dates back 6+ months... I would see the product (proving he has it), the condition and would make an offer based upon the facts in the ad...

Who knows maybe I'm to hard on folks...

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    I agree, obviously... The thing I am amazed at is that they aren't smart enough to realize that it will actually get the items sold. I guess with my sales background it drives me more nuts than others.

I can think of at least a dozen items that I would have purchased if the OP had simply taken the time to put together a proper ad. There is a pistol up now I would consider but once again no pics and I'll be damned if I am going to chase the guy down for them. Oddly the ad dates back 6+ months... I would see the product (proving he has it), the condition and would make an offer based upon the facts in the ad...

Who knows maybe I'm to hard on folks...
    I thought of that after I posted as well. However, then I thought, it's my feelings, and if anyone wants to truly sell their item, they should use it as constructive criticism. Maybe someone will buy it regardless, who knows. But you definitely increase your chances the more info you have.
    III%

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast