Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard

I bought some more parts to put me one step closer to finishing my SBR. One of which was the Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard. First of all, I must say how much I hate installing trigger guards in general. Anyway, I tap the rear roll pin in (that went fairly well surprisinly), then go to screw in the hex screw... damn hole isn't lined up. fml.

Ended up grinding a little bit of the rounded front grooves to gain some clearance. Got to a point where I thought it was good to go, so I started screw in the hex screw. Success was in the air. Then the air turned rancid and the screw wouldn't go any further. fml again.

At the point it's at, it'll hold the trigger guard, but the screw isn't budging and about a quarter of the screw is sticking out. Still functional... but now it's stuck and somewhat of an eyesore.

I should add this is on a Grizzly receiver I got from EGW.

Thoughts, suggestions, opinions?
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard

Pull the screw and scrub off the loctite they put on there and reinstall it. They're kinda known for glopping the shit on, and there it really isn't even all that necessary. Good luck
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(York County)

I'm having the EXACT same problem right now.

Thanks Legion I'll try to get it out and remove the loctite. If you look at it, the damn trigger guard isn't even threaded anyway, well at least mines not.

Finding a 1/16" hex key is the biggest problem right now. The one I used wasn't exactly the same size, it was a bit smaller so I didn't want to force it and strip the bolt.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Prime View Post
    Pull the screw and scrub off the loctite they put on there and reinstall it. They're kinda known for glopping the shit on, and there it really isn't even all that necessary. Good luck
    Guess I should have asked before I started. It's in there pretty good now.

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7dude View Post
    I'm having the EXACT same problem right now.

Thanks Legion I'll try to get it out and remove the loctite. If you look at it, the damn trigger guard isn't even threaded anyway, well at least mines not.

Finding a 1/16" hex key is the biggest problem right now. The one I used wasn't exactly the same size, it was a bit smaller so I didn't want to force it and strip the bolt.
    I had the same issue. Solution... Lowe's $4.98, I think, for a set. Now I'm prepared for all the hex screws that are on everything O.o
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Centre County)

When Xringshooter installed mine few days ago, he ran in to a same issue as well.
    He ended up drill/tap for another screw. I'm not sure what thread it is tho..
    But trigger guard is not going anywhere..

Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Jefferson County)

My Magpul Enhanced TG went in just fine on my Stag.. ..pics this Thurs evening.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    When Xringshooter installed mine few days ago, he ran in to a same issue as well.

Wow, that looks rather an extreme solution. However if it works it works I suppose. I'd just be concerned about abrasion from the exposed screwhead there.
    I'm not sure which triggerguards you are each using but I have the polymer MOE and while the hole was not threaded the screw was more than enough to cut threads into the triggerguard with judicious application of manhands.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post

Damn, I definitely should have posted before I did anything. I would have rather asked if he'd drill/tap this one and driven out. That looks a lot better than mine with the screw sticking out.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Prime View Post
    Wow, that looks rather an extreme solution. However if it works it works I suppose. I'd just be concerned about abrasion from the exposed screwhead there.
    I'm not sure which triggerguards you are each using but I have the polymer MOE and while the hole was not threaded the screw was more than enough to cut threads into the triggerguard with judicious application of manhands.
    I have the aluminum TG. I bet Mity has the same.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by clarion44 View Post
    I have the aluminum TG. I bet Mity has the same.
    Sounds like 24/7dude has the MOE though. The Al one should be GTG if you just take off the excess loctite and run it in with the proper sized allen key.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast