Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: This is grim.

Default This is grim.

I have to warn you, this is grim. It's hard to watch and listen to what unfolds as you realize it's another human being drawing his last few breaths on this earth.

http://policelink.monster.com/videos...yle-dinkheller

It's clear that the officer's own compassion prevented him from neutralizing the threat in time and it cost him his life. It's a lesson for us all to learn, just how precarious the line we walk really is. The moral dilemma between wanting to preserve another human life and saving your own is something we all need to think about before making the decision to carry. Being mentally prepared is as vitally important as being physically trained.

Really consider the gravity of making that choice. Then do it again, but put yourself in the shoes of someone who does it for a living. Sure, they take the job voluntarily. But think about the LOSE/LOSE situation that officer was in..

My respects and condolences to his family, friends, and coworkers. And respect to the men and women who walk that line everday.

And lastly, thumbs down to Front Sight for including an advertisment for their services in the same content.

Forgive me if this has been posted before.
    Last edited by ForwardAssist; February 3rd, 2010 at 07:36 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: This is grim.

That is fucking tough to watch.

I'm not sure I can say much more now.
    F*S=k

(Monroe County)

I'd like to ask if this is appriopriate or not to be posted here, but that's just because I'm having a hard time watching it. I don't know why the officer didn't shoot right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

wow grim to say the very least, was a really tough video to watch. Respects to all LEO's for what they do for us everyday and I pray that officers learn from this as well as all of us on here. Much respect to him, his family and coworkers .. Also agree with thumbs down on Front Sights advertisment

(Bucks County)

(York County)

They played that video for my class at the Police Academy for our update training. They played it within 2 weeks of when it was filmed. The officers family INSISTED that it be played for officers across the country so that something could be learned from it. At the time....it was the hardest thing I had ever done was to watch this video and then go back out on the street. To this day, I thank that officers family for insisting that footage be shown. His life certainly did NOT end in vain.

They played that in Ca. as well. Condolences were sent many years ago, but I am sure he will never be forgotten. For those that are still LEO's, be safe.

(Venango County)

VERY hard to watch

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    I'd like to ask if this is appriopriate or not to be posted here, but that's just because I'm having a hard time watching it. I don't know why the officer didn't shoot right away.
    I learned from it, or more accurately, it drove the point home in a way I'm not sure anything else could have. Sure I'd more or less already made the decision a long time ago that it was better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Most of us here have.

But that video, it made me really consider what it means. And not just for me, but from the shoes of leo's. So I am greatfull that I was allowed to see the video and I feel it's appropriate for others to do so as long as it remains in the proper context.

I think it's clear why the officer didn't shoot. He made the conscious decision not to kill. He made the ultimate sacrifice and it's a choice I guess we never truly make until that instant. Perhaps he did decide at some point to retake the initiative, but by then it was too late.
    Last edited by ForwardAssist; February 3rd, 2010 at 12:05 AM.

(Monroe County)

ouch. hard to watch, after the first time through
    Last edited by MischaBurns; February 3rd, 2010 at 12:11 AM.
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast