Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: This is grim.

Threaded View

Default This is grim.

I have to warn you, this is grim. It's hard to watch and listen to what unfolds as you realize it's another human being drawing his last few breaths on this earth.

http://policelink.monster.com/videos...yle-dinkheller

It's clear that the officer's own compassion prevented him from neutralizing the threat in time and it cost him his life. It's a lesson for us all to learn, just how precarious the line we walk really is. The moral dilemma between wanting to preserve another human life and saving your own is something we all need to think about before making the decision to carry. Being mentally prepared is as vitally important as being physically trained.

Really consider the gravity of making that choice. Then do it again, but put yourself in the shoes of someone who does it for a living. Sure, they take the job voluntarily. But think about the LOSE/LOSE situation that officer was in..

My respects and condolences to his family, friends, and coworkers. And respect to the men and women who walk that line everday.

And lastly, thumbs down to Front Sight for including an advertisment for their services in the same content.

Forgive me if this has been posted before.
    Last edited by ForwardAssist; February 3rd, 2010 at 07:36 PM.