Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: Question About Atlantic Tactical

I have to agree that they are a good bunch of people. I say it like that because they have ladies working there. All of them have been good to me on all of my trips there.

(Adams County)

They also restrict some AMMO to LEO and I believe they won't sell an X26 to a civilian. The ammo they do restrict is a pretty good price and I have seen the same stuff being sold on here for double. I always assumed it was someone buying at LE price and doubling it.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Philadelphia County)

Does the one in Northeast Philadelphia carry firearms or just accessories? I'll have to stop in someday.

(York County)

Interesting info in this thread. I thought thier prices were +$50 to civilians but when I called the New Cumberland store about a 4th Gen G19 they told me $439. Even asked twice if that was the price for civilians. Of course, they had none in stock and no ETA on when one would be in.

Also, they carry Winchester Ranger T-series ammo but they restrict it to LEO's.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by phrank View Post
    My friend told me that they only sell to Law Enforcement and Military, is this true?
    Ive been in the shop numerous times for other objects. Whelen mostly for my shop and ive had no issues purchasing anything

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by phrank View Post
    My friend told me that they only sell to Law Enforcement and Military, is this true?
    Not true for the shop in New Cumberland. They cater primarily to Law Enforcement and Military. I am part of a Security Training Department and they offer my company a 10% discount on every purchase.
    "They've got us surrounded again, the poor bastards.” General Creighton W. Abrams

I was just there a few days ago to purchase my Glock 36. They were one of the few weapon shops that actually had the gun in stock and were also located fairly close to me. After I committed to buy the gun and signed off on all the paper work...I think they pulled a fast one on be by charging me 25 bucks for a 5 dollar PICS check....Needless to say, I was less than thrilled...

Quote Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post
    I was just there a few days ago to purchase my Glock 36. They were one of the few weapon shops that actually had the gun in stock and were also located fairly close to me. After I committed to buy the gun and signed off on all the paper work...I think they pulled a fast one on be by charging me 25 bucks for a 5 dollar PICS check....Needless to say, I was less than thrilled...

25 dollars for a transfer is not really out of the ballpark...

Well, overall the shop itself and the quality of the staff outweighs the only negative. However, I've purchased several pistols in the past and have never paid over 5 dollars for the PICS, neither have my friends or family, so thus the shock. I figured it was worth noting.

(Adams County)

Wait, what? They have good stuff, and friendly staff, and are a good store? This must NOT have been the same store that I was at THIS WEEK. I went in and asked for three specific items. These items are necessary for me to put a weapon that I bought FROM THEM (used, I'll admit) into service. I was told that they didn't have the items that I needed, but they could order them. That seems to be their standard answer.

Have a 1911? You can't get anything there for it, but they can order it. Need grip screws for your Sig? They don't have them, and wouldn't know where to order them. Need a QLS locking system part? They don't have it, but they can order it. And since they don't have it, if I want it delivered, I can either drive back up and pick it up, or pay shipping. Oh, and don't forget, they need to mark up their items almost to the point of stupidity.

I went there for the convenience, but I can order stuff. And I can get it cheaper when I do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12