It really depends on the probation officer. When I was younger I got a DUI and was on probation for a bit. My PO asked me if I had any firearms. I replied "My dad and I have a few guns, we hunt". I didn't say I was a shooting hobbyist or detail my collection, I was not asked. I was then asked "Where are they kept?" to which I told the truth, they live in a safe and I gave my key to my dad.

That was the end of it and I was never given a problem, visited, or anything. It never came up again and life went on. Of course I had no previous criminal record and was just doing my thing getting on with life.

But you definitely want to find out the law from the horses mouth(the parole officer). The parolee is probably going to need a ride there, perhaps you could take them and speak to the parole officer one on one. Chances are this persona has a significant discretion about such matters and if you can make a good impression as you are a safe and responsible adult you will smooth things over a lot.

I would assume from all the human filth these criminal justice professionals deal with their and our stock mental images and assumptions of what constitutes a "room mate" differ greatly.