Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Tell me where I'm wrong?

The tactics employed in this video were horrible at best. The first red flag would be seeing the hooded individuals, the second would be seeing them turn and walk away in a suspicious manner as soon as he walked into the store. Seeing that alone would immediately make me stop, turn around and leave.

Playing superman in a situation like that would more likely than not end up with you leaving in a body bag.

Proud member of:

(Chester County)

I haven't seen this much agreement about a "tactic" sucking in quite some time.

Bravo!

Myself, I'd get one if they came in mauve. Black or white just don't suit my complexion. Maybe I'll send him an email about this idea. Just as soon as I'm finished with this letter or approval to the school that suspended a 9y.o. for playing with Legos.

On a serious note, I think this guy is doing a great disservice to those who are new to carrying. It's gonna get someone killed.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Berks County)

That is a great method of concealed carry!

If you're looking to get yourself killed.

The carry method is flawed, as is his decision to produce his pistol. Compression shirts with built in holsters are suitable for a BUG, but not a primary.

The video? What an irresponsibly dangerous piece of crap advertisement

Most concise accurate response!

(Delaware County)

I agree about the scenario being untenable, but not about the uselessness of the holster. I've been thinking about a solution like this for some time now.

Consider my situation... My job does not specifically disallow carry, but it would be unacceptable for a client to see me with a weapon (and I'm with multiple clients per day). I dress in professional attire, but my work requires me to lift, bend, twist, etc... My shirts come untucked, and occasionally I show skin. Clearly, IWB/OWB is not workable because someone would see it. That's not a remote possibility, it would happen in the first week.
    A holster like this is hardly optimal, but it certainly beats being killed or fired! I'm willing so sacrifice quite a bit of accessibility in exchange for greater concealment. Buying one of these per day (and getting mommy to sew in little day of the week tags) wouldn't be a terrible expense, and would allow me to carry more than twice as much as I do now.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Also, attempting to draw when a gun is already trained on you and there are multiple armed BGs is a pretty dumb move, IMO.
    I believe that it has been shown that a reasonably quick person can draw and fire before the other guy can react.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Helter View Post
    Buying one of these per day (and getting mommy to sew in little day of the week tags) wouldn't be a terrible expense, and would allow me to carry more than twice as much as I do now.
    We need to swap jobs if you consider $50 for an undershirt to not be a terrible expense. Let's figure that you wear a clean undershirt everyday. If you don't want to do laundry more than once a week, that's seven shirts or $350. For me, that's a chunk of change.

Also, I really don't like those plastic undershirts, they hold onto body odor so once you sweat in them, they'll always stink.
    Last edited by Wiley-X; February 4th, 2010 at 03:14 AM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    We need to swap jobs if you consider $50 for an undershit to not be a terrible expense. Let's figure that you wear a clean undershirt everyday. If you don't want to do laundry more than once a week, that's seven shirts or $350. For me, that's a chunk of change.

Also, I really don't like those plastic undershirts, they hold onto body ordor so once you sweat in them, they'll always stink.
    I was thinking 5 days a week, and $250 is certainly not to much to spend for me to be able to carry on the job.
    I paid $550 for my carry gun, well over $1000 for the training I've taken, I don't even want to think how much for ammo, am I going to throw a fit over the cost of the right holster?

I realize that this isn't going to be a solution for everyone, and it's certainly not a 100% solution for me, but it definitely has it's niche. I'd almost definitely use this more than I do my IWB.

Nobody can out-draw a gun that's already pointed at him.

The fast draw has its place. So does secure carry that will take 5 seconds to retrieve. So does the gun outside in your car. So does that battery of guns at home.

We don't know what situation we may face, but a gun that's 5 seconds away is often a Hell of a lot more useful than a cop who is 10 minutes away. If you can't carry a gun on your hip or in a shoulder rig, then a T-shirt or ankle holster is better than leaving it at home.

Situational awareness can help you to fit the circumstances to your carry method.

That being said, the bald guy would be dead before that 3rd button ripped. How he missed spotting the perps is baffling; would it help if they wore bandit masks and Hamburglar outfits?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast