Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Sat Feb 6, 10 Cabela’s / NRA - 2nd Amendment Presentation

Hamburg PA Cabela’s is sponsoring NRA days and part of this effort is the 2nd Amendment Presentation on Sat Feb 6, 2010 at 11:00am

Kim Stolfer (PAFOA member) will be doing part of the presentation YOU won’t be disappointed with Kim’s presentation. There will also be three State Reps in attendance so you will have the opportunity to talk with them directly. Everyone Please come with lots of questions to ask of the presentors.

Hint,HINT

Ask the Reps why we can’t get a Up or Down vote on HB 40 in the Judiciary committee?

2nd Amendment Presentation
    Join us for this exciting presentation on the 2nd Amendment and discussion with at least three of Pennsylvania's Legislators.

State Rep Jim Cox
    State Rep Jerry Knowles
    State Rep Tim Seip

The State Representatives will present the 2nd amendment and issues concerning the right to bear arms and other important issues. Along with this great honor Kim Stolfer, President of Firearms Owners Against Crime and Chuck Lenhart, of the National Rifle Association, will also join us. Bring your questions and concerns along with you and join in on this informative presentation.
    Saturday, 11:00 a.m.-TBD
    If you want to learn how to personally be an activist and be more effective at protecting your Constitutional rights please come and listen to Kim Stolfer and other speakers.

Few provisions of the Constitution (United States and Pennsylvania’s) are more controversial than the Second Amendment and Article 1 Section 21, both of which protect “the right of the people to keep and bear arms.” On Saturday February 6th (11:00a.m.) Cabela’s, Firearms Owners Against Crime and the NRA will sponsor a presentation on the Right to Bear Arms and the current efforts to expand and limit this constitutional freedom. The presentation will feature state legislators, videos and a thoroughly documented briefing on the importance of this freedom and what each of us can do to protect it as well as HOW to get involved.

Our Founding Fathers knew the importance of the people being armed. It was not about duck hunting. They were aware that any government would become corrupt over time. Power has a tendency to incubate tyranny. It is evident today as we witness the federal government’s strangle hold on public education and the unfunded mandates it imposes on local school districts. The slow, steady strangulation of the government over the citizens is every where. If you open your eyes you can see it.

The federal government is closing off areas of public land and creating criminals out of what are today law abiding citizens. Under the guise of trying to prevent tragedy, our rights are being steadily chipped away by applying more and more control over the people. This is not freedom!

What is your life worth? The lives of your loved ones? Is the value of life measured in dollars? CeaseFire PA, Brady Campaign, Mayors Against Illegal Guns and others seem to think that some lives are more valuable than others. We are told to accept more control and restrictions on the right to bear arms by those using the mantra ‘If it saves one life’ without hardly a passing glance to the possibility that ‘It could cost one life too’. Then we watch government officials release hardened career criminals back onto the streets when the gun laws are plea bargained away or prisons are over crowded without any thought to the ‘If it saves one life’ please. Where does it ALL stop? WITH YOU!

Stand up for your rights, before you are disarmed and unable to defend yourself. We will show you how!
    Map and direction contact info here for Cabela's store
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...l*left*hamburg

READ ATTACHED for more info & PLEASE try to attend
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; February 1st, 2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: screwed up the wrong date
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Sat Feb 9, 10 Cabela’s / NRA - 2nd Amendment Presentation

As long as I don't have to work I plan to go. Gives me a reason to head over there to check out some new stuff

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Sat Feb 9, 10 Cabela’s / NRA - 2nd Amendment Presentation

Feb 9 and 10 are not Saturdays.

If it IS Feb 9 or 10, I absolutely can't make it. So don't give me a hard time Otherwise I want to go.

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Sat Feb 6, 10 Cabela’s / NRA - 2nd Amendment Presentation

I'm going to try my darnedest to make it out for this. I'm going to be busy, but hopefully I will be able to have some time to run out!
    III%

(Delaware County)

I already have planned on going Saturday the 6th as it's my Bday. Having the NRA and Kim at the store is a bonus. Now just planning on what to spend the gift card on!!!

(Dauphin County)

If I can be promised a significant likelihood that I will be able to ask, loudly and clearly, while everyone is gathered around, why the assemblymen have failed to uphold their oath to support the constitutions by repeal of the UFA, and expect a public response, the chance you will see me there will increase by many percents. Obviously these reps cannot be allowed to show up and wrap themselves in the banner of liberty if they don't actually believe in liberty and aren't actually willing to do more than a little, if anything, about it.

(Berks County)

COUNT ME IN SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD CHANCE TO ASK AWAY AND MEET SOOM OF THE SO CALLED PEOPLE THAT SHOULD BE WORKING FOR US AND NOT BACK ROOM DEAL JUST FOR THE VOTES

(Northumberland County)

I might go i am not sure yet, what is the advantage of going ? will more people help sway the vote or can we sign our names to support the bill or do we just go to ask questions? i need to know before i decide to go whats important for this meeting.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post
    If I can be promised a significant likelihood that I will be able to ask, loudly and clearly, while everyone is gathered around, why the assemblymen have failed to uphold their oath to support the constitutions by repeal of the UFA, and expect a public response, the chance you will see me there will increase by many percents. Obviously these reps cannot be allowed to show up and wrap themselves in the banner of liberty if they don't actually believe in liberty and aren't actually willing to do more than a little, if anything, about it.
    I cannot guaranty with a 100% certainly that you will have the chance to ask your question, just the opportunity.

There is about 80 +/-some house Reps plus a bunch of senators, including lots of judges that I would love for you to ask that question of them and how they can repeatedly vote for / support gun control, along with how they rationalize how they don’t break their oath of office that they make a big deal about in swearing in day with their families, but vote and take direct action against their oaths the rest of the time in office.

These guy’s are not the ones that your question should be directed at, at least not in its current form.

I would suggest to ask how feel or if they would support will repealing the UFA or large sections, not that I disagree with your question . Our rights where taken by a long chain of small steps, so called "reasonable" slices till it apparent to anyone there is a plan a foot to disarm the Citizens.

I don’t see any time soon we could replace the many long time problem Reps that don’t even bother to read the Constitution , let alone care what it says or even bother to attempt to honor their oaths of office.

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    I might go i am not sure yet, what is the advantage of going ? will more people help sway the vote or can we sign our names to support the bill or do we just go to ask questions? i need to know before i decide to go whats important for this meeting.
    Kim Stolfer and the rest of the unpaid FOAC volunteers have a five hour one way drive to go and speak to you.

Kim is going to be speaking and teaching why its important for you to get directly involved, the big ADVANTAGE of everyone attendance is Kim & the rest of the FOAC volunteers will help teach you some of the basics of how to be politically active in defense of you rights. Kim will probably after the event even give you more time to ask questions of him with some inside, back channel info that I won’t ever post here on what is going on behind the scenes in Harrisburg.

Asking intelligent questions with a meaningful purpose for answers is how we learn.

The three Reps listed are pretty much solid pro gun and are all current sponsors of HB 40

There are several other pro gun bills that they are not such as HB 1541 dealing with preemption violations more details here.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ption-law.html

You can ask personally them IF they will ask the chairman of Judiciary Committee why we can’t get a vote on HB 40 and also ask them what are they willing to do to help get this bill moving.

You can ask them how important it is, to contact them with your feeling or express your views.

How you as an activist can be more effective in contacting them, what works best, what not as effective means.... etc.

Ask them to sponsor a particular bill.

This event is an opportunity, that is ONLY limited on how you want take advantage of having access to three elected official time that actually get to vote on the course of our state and our rights.

If its worth it to Kim Stolfer and the other speaking at this event to come all that way just to get the chance to talk with you on how to defend your rights more effectively, is it worth a little of your time to come listen and learn on Sat Feb 6, 2010?

If personally defending your rights is important to you PLEASE come you won't be disappointed
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Delaware County)

The weather might not look good for Saturday which I'll decide that morning on traffic conditions but Sunday for sure if can't make Saturday. Anyway I'll be their this weekend sometime.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast