Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Sat Feb 6, 10 Cabela’s / NRA - 2nd Amendment Presentation

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Well PennsyPlinker, the weather was a definite factor for me.
    Yeah, same with me. We got about 15" down this way.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    There were not a lot of people there. I was there. One of the reps made it. Sam Rohrer's campaign manager was there. I know weather had a lot to do with it, but I was disappointed in the turnout anyway. Weather should not have been an issue for anyone in the Lehigh Valley or parts north. Rendell's "state of emergency"? Hah! Did people really stay home because the governor asked them not to drive on the roads? It was a suggestion, not a decree of law. We all had a pretty good laugh over it at the store. If someone is going to stay home because Rendell comes on the TV and whines about the snow, they sure aren't going to stand up and be counted when it comes to something a lot more serious.

We can make it to gun shows, we can make it to shooting events, and we can make it to social events. But when it comes to the work of keeping our rights, lots of people just never seem to make it. Stuff comes up. I know, some of it is legitimate, and the storm was certainly that, but I was disappointed. The level of energy expended on this forum is incredible at times. I just wish people took fighting for their rights as seriously as they took a lot of the stupidity that goes on here on this board sometimes. And I wish more people would do more than bitch about it on an internet forum.

The fact I knew the reps would not be there was why I was not there. Just out of curiousity which one showed?
    Plus I was digging my vehicles out and shoveling my neighbors walks and their cars out. (disabled and elderly).
    And NO Eddie had nothing to do with it. Could careless what he says on TV. Other than admission of guilt on corruption charges.
    Masters Degree from, School of Hardknocks and College of Common Sense

(Northumberland County)

wonder if they can have a "make-up date" due to the weather? so i was wondering how it went ? did they mention the HB40?

(Schuylkill County)

I didn't mean to imply that I didn't come because of Rendell's message. It's just all that snow and my little 4 cylinder fwd kia wouldn't have done too well in all this snow lol. And being I live in the city my car was plowed in as usual took me nearly an hour to shovel it out and clear my sidewalk. I'll definitely be at the next one.

(Delaware County)

By the time I got done snowblowin my driveway and cleaning the trucks off and helping the neighbors clean out I had nothing left to give let alon drive over an hour to get to cabela's on Saturday. But I went yesterday and used my gift cert. for my birthday and got some things needed on my shopping list.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123