Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther

(Bucks County)

Default Walther

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...04&isFirearm=Y

So i picked up this guy yesterday at the Allentown show. My buddy and I went to the range today and shot about 100 rds through it and worked like a charm. Kinda bought it as a piece that my girlfriend could shoot. she has no experience with guns but i got her to shoot a s&w 22 at the range and she got used to it and wanted to try an auto. for the price i thought it was worth it to buy even if she decides she never wants to shoot again. Tiny gun very light and was very accurate out of he box i was very surprised. so if any one s looking for something like this i would say go for it it, its a good starter gun.

They do have other options out there, the ones on walther's site and just black and desert style but mine has a carbon fiber look on the lower if you will. I paid $349 because of the finish but i did see them as low as $309 at the show's.

(York County)

Default Re: Walther

Congratulations! You may want to have a copy of the P22 "Bible" handy.

(Bucks County)

Thats great don where did you find such a thing? Do they have them for other guns?

(York County)

I don't remember where I first heard of it. I picked up a P22 the summer before last and went through it using this "book". I really liked how the illustrations & wording were straight to the point.

As far as I know, the guy was just an enthusiast that put this together. I haven't tried looking for any other brands or models though.

(Erie County)

I picked up a like new P22 for my youngest recently. Neat little gun and she loves it. It doesn't like Fed AE ammo but eats Rem Thunderbolts and CCI Mini-Mags by the handful. I have a ton of Thunderbolts on hand but they are going to disappear fast.

Quote Originally Posted by bigworm40 View Post
    They do have other options out there, the ones on walther's site and just black and desert style but mine has a carbon fiber look on the lower if you will.
    They have indeed.

http://forum.pafoa.org/1016345-post-1.html

And yes, it is a very nice little gun and a lot of fun to shoot. Fortunately our HR lady just informed me that I maxed out my PTO accrual and unless I start taking time off, the hours will just overflow and not count. So I guess I have to spend some time at the range instead of working.

I hope you did your research. There had been reports of excessive slide wear on early models. Mine is stamped AK and doesn't show signs of that yet.

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

I currently own 2 Walthers, a P22 and a PPS in 9mm. I carry the PPS everyday and love it, but bought the P22 to play around with at the range. I bought it from a member on here who recommended using CCI mini-mags and told me other bulk ammo had issues. Knowing this from that start probably saved me some hassles but I've had no problems with the gun since I purchased it.

My girlfriend loves the P22, since it fits her hands nicely and has practically no kick, though my ammo has a problem of disappearing rather quickly when I bring her to the range. I also have an 8 year old cousin who's beginning to take an interest in guns, and I think this will be a perfect gun to start her out on when she's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    It doesn't like Fed AE ammo
    Interesting. I have about 400 of American Eagle HV HP through it with only one FTF (empty chamber, didn't strip one from the mag). What problems did you encounter?

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
    Interesting. I have about 400 of American Eagle HV HP through it with only one FTF (empty chamber, didn't strip one from the mag). What problems did you encounter?

Jan
    Same as yours only I'll get a FTF about 3 - 4 times a mag. I ran 2 boxes of that, 2 boxes of Fed. Classic 40 gr solids with an occasional FTF. Thunderbolts and Mini-Mags have been flawless with 600 rounds so far.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigworm40 View Post
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...04&isFirearm=Y

So i picked up this guy yesterday at the Allentown show. My buddy and I went to the range today and shot about 100 rds through it and worked like a charm. Kinda bought it as a piece that my girlfriend could shoot. she has no experience with guns but i got her to shoot a s&w 22 at the range and she got used to it and wanted to try an auto. for the price i thought it was worth it to buy even if she decides she never wants to shoot again. Tiny gun very light and was very accurate out of he box i was very surprised. so if any one s looking for something like this i would say go for it it, its a good starter gun.

They do have other options out there, the ones on walther's site and just black and desert style but mine has a carbon fiber look on the lower if you will. I paid $349 because of the finish but i did see them as low as $309 at the show's.
    BigWorm,
    Nice acquisition with the .22 Where do you shoot at? We'll have to catch up sometime.
    keller
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast