Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Allegheny County)

Default Kahr CW9 Striker Spring Replacement - Side Panel Torx Bit

I replaced my striker spring today with a Wolff 5 lb. version. I will have to test out the trigger feel at the range later. It feels nice dry firing...

I polished the striker as well since I had it apart.

There were a LOT of machining chips in the internals of the slide where the striker rides. I guess they don't do too thorough of a job cleaning everything during assembly at the plant. If your Kahr seems to be having light strikes you might want to check and make sure you don't have a lot of junk/chips in there.

I also wanted to check the trigger bar to see if the spring it rides on was wearing it, or if it would benefit from a polishing. The Torx head screw requires a very small Torx - a T6. The screw was nice and tight. I have heard of these coming loose on other Kahr polymer frames. When you replace it DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN. The screw just uses the plastic, not a metal fitting.

A little nub also holds the side panel onto the frame - in other words the side panel will not just fall off when the screw is removed.

Looks like the trigger bar could use a little polishing where it rides on the spring under the grip panel. I will get to that another day.
    Last edited by falcn; February 1st, 2010 at 01:45 AM. Reason: terminology corrections
    FNX-9 Two-tone