Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Decline in Sporting Clays Shooting?

Electronics games do have a strong alure to kids. My guys are gamers as am I. (Any DoD or DH players out there?) But whenever I say 'let's go shooting' they drop their DS's and head for the truck. My 12yo loves sporting clays. The 10yo dislikes the kick of a 12ga. I need to find him a 20ga.

The only thing I get a bit of grumble about is Dad's rule #2. "You shot it - you clean it".

It is sad though. I only know of one of their school mates that has ever fired a gun.

I'm seeing shoot numbers down all across the country. Fun shoots that used to pull 50-75 shooters are pulling 35-50. The economy is definitely playing a big role. The government is saying 10% for unemployment, but that doesn't include people who have given up, are underemployed or business owners who have lost their businesses due to the recession.

Also, many shooters are aging and may not be physically up to shooting as much as they once did. Take a look at the number of Vets & older in the NSCA.

Re: Lehigh-- I love it! I don't get a chance to shoot over water that often and the quarries are just great looking at this club. I wish they'd open 'em up for bass fishing! They set targets from the abandoned quarry warehouses as well, so it really is a unique experience. The only drawback for me is that they do not change their targets often.

If you want to find other sporting clays shooters and shoots, I hope you'll visit us at www.claysportsonline.com.

Good shooting to you-
    Christian Parker
    www.claysportsonline.com

(York County)

Thanks for the link, Christian! I hadn't seen that site before and it looks very interesting and informative.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234