Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Angry Anti-Gun Employer

Question: Can an employer fire you for having a gun in your vehicle on his property if it is non-visible, non-apparent and you have a CCW permit?

YES...PA is an "at will" state...the means they don't need a valid reason to terminate you. Did you read the thread about the guy who was terminated for having a firearm in his car.

I would say that if you know your company is anti-firearms...to not bring it with you during work hours. If you choose to bring it and get caught...you lose your job...it's your choice.

(Philadelphia County)

If you are gonna have it on you, and your employer doesnt like the idea, then keep your mouth shut, and tell NOBODY about it.

If they find out and you get fired, its on you.

Oh, Im not a lawyer, just stating my opinion.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Montgomery County)

My employer knows I have guns but I believed he was under the idea that I don't bring it to work. A short time ago he mentioned that he knows I keep it in the truck. When I asked how he came up with that idea he said "You park across the street". "No one does that since it means you have to cross a four lane highway and sometimes in the rain."

"You have a assigned parking space by the door."

He never did anything about it or talked about it again.

(Allegheny County)

Default Anti-Gun Employer

If the gun is neither visible nor apparent, how could they legally gain access to determine if a weapon was present?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by twiss40cal View Post
    If the gun is neither visible nor apparent, how could they legally gain access to determine if a weapon was present?
    I've heard they are now "training" dogs to smell if there's weapons in your car.

We know what a fiasco this is when Fiddo barks on command during a "routine" stop, so lets hope the plan never takes off the ground.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

We know what a fiasco this is when Fiddo barks on command during a "routine" stop, so lets hope the plan never takes off the ground.
    What if he's barking because you have some fries between the seats....would you sue McDonald's for being terminated? LOL Seems too many peopl are sue happy...here's a thought...go out and earn your money like the rest of us.

Magwhore out

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by twiss40cal View Post
    Most companies have security cameras on the outside of buildings. They see you remove the gun from your car safe and put it in your holster. Or a cow-worker sees you. Every day you move it from your body to the safe when you get to work. And every day you move it from the safe to your body after work. You have to be seen sooner or later. Two chance's per day.

The odds will get you.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    What if he's barking because you have some fries between the seats...
    Now there is a scary thaught! Yikes!
    Drak
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.

(Allegheny County)

Talking One benefit of owning your own Business

That is the benefit of owning your own business. You can dictate the policy.
    I wear a HK USP.45 on my hip. All my employees have permission to actively carry if they wish with a Pa CCW permit. In fact several customers over the years have make comments that they also carry. As they say an Armed Community is a Polite Community. I have never seen 15 women play so well together since I instituted the policy. The Dillon progressive reloader in my office also saves time when dealing with sales people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast