Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Man with HIV needle // shoot or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Krssteel View Post
    You are right. If that syringe would be filled with regular air.....you'd be dead within seconds......so that is a threat.
    word. so, yeah, a ***** gettin' dropped, yo.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    If you're a business owner (or employee/associate/flunky/whatever) and it's your business, there's no duty to retreat.

The perp has put you in fear for your life, so the law
    (Title 18, §505) states you can use whatever means necessary, including deadly force, to eliminate the threat.

The way I read § 506, the duty to retreat would also not exist for anyone acting to protect an employee being threatened. But then again, I Am Not A Lawyer, nor a PA Supreme Court Justice.

People have been convicted of assault with a deadly weapon for knowingly having Aids and spitting on others. People who have had unprotected sex and infected their partners knowing full well that they had Aids or were HIV positive have been convicted of attempted murder and in some cases with murder if the partner died. Since I don't carry around a home HIV test and I doubt that the perp would let me test the contents of the syringe, I will err on the side of life. My life that is. Come at me with any threat that I can perceive as deadly and the outcome will be the same. I will leave under my own power, you however will need lots of help.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, and I don't even play one on the internet. Never mistake my opinion for legal advice. If you do need legal advise, seek it from those who get paid to give it, I know I do.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    BG would get a 147g injection at 1200fps.

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    Bwahahahahahahaha!
    Everyone should have an AK-47

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist77 View Post
    Any of you guys see the news story/video around Lancaster the last few days about a guy holding up stores with a needle, saying he had HIV, and threatening to stick people if they didn't comply? I think they caught the guy, but it brought up an interesting scenario.

In that situation, does someone with a needle, within 21ft of you (on the video, BG was within arms' reach of the person), claiming to have HIV and threatening to stick you (or someone else) constitute justification for lethal force? Duty to retreat?

I would lean towards considering that as an imminent and capable threat with intent to do serious bodily harm. What do you guys think?

Alchemist77
    duty to stay out of his reach unless he starts sticking someone else.
    then it's duty to hit him with a baseball bat.

(Venango County)

Don't forget that severe bodily injury also qualifies to allow deadly force if no retreat available in complete safety or retreat not required by circumstances mentioned earlier.

I would consider AIDS a severe bodily injury if not a threat of certain death.

But your jury could consist of stupid people or liberals. You just shot that poor AIDS guy!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman21 View Post
    Didn't we already discuss this a couple months ago?

HIV is not the death sentence that it used to be. However, contracting HIV/AIDS would prevent me from having my own family, whic is something my wife and I want to do. Whatever the consequences, I will certainly NOT allow some whack job with a needle destroy my future.
    Yes I started that thread. My solution is, pop pop, pop pop.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Montgomery County)

Talking Re: Man with HIV needle // shoot or not?

id have to pass on shooting this guy,less than lethal would be lent more to the senerao,besides watching a diseased,out of shape needle freak in a fog of 17% capistan would be way safer/fun.

As of today, HIV is a death sentence. There are treatments that are guaranteed to ultimately fail, but there are no cures. You can be treated for HIV, but YOU WILL ULTIMATELY DIE FROM IT if you are not killed by something else first.

That said, and given the ease with which even a small air bubble in your vascular system will kill you, a syringe is a deadly weapon with or without the HIV. Someone comes at me with a deadly weapon and I have no means of a completely safe retreat, or I have no duty to retreat, then I would have to seriously consider the lethal force option.

I believe there's no completely safe retreat from a man holding an HIV-infected needle. He can always just throw it at you, and even the most minute piercing of the skin with it will infect you.

IANAL this is is not legal advice

(Allegheny County)

It depends - Am I within spatter difference if I ventilate him?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast